Sunday, June 8, 2008

Some of you might now that I served a mission in the Philippines. I have been back to the pines once since I got home. Of course I absolutely loved both times that I was there. Someday I would love to return again and serve another mission with my wife. So today while thinking about all the good times I had there I decided to reminisce about the mission while doing so I looked up some things online about some of my areas. Here is what I found.....



When F.F.Coppola’s ‘Apocalypse Now’ film-crew finished shooting in 1976, they did not only leave behind hectares of burning forest and tons of trashed weaponry, they also left behind surfboards. This is the true legend of Kuya Ed and Pawikan, the first wave-riders of the Philippines. I served in the area where ‘Apocalypse Now' was filmed and this looks like a really rad movie that I would like to get some day.



A few amazing pictures of the ocean in the Philippines.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

crazy cool! We are so glad you were able to go back to do things and visit people from your areas. Good memories! :)