Friday, May 14, 2010

Sites to visit...

My favorite sites to visit online and why... (In no particular order...)

1.) Taste of Home. I LOVE TASTE OF HOME!!!!! My sister recommended this cookbook for me when we first got married and I use is about 80% of time I spend in the kitchen. The cookbook is clear to understand and has pictures of how to make challenging recipes easier! I have loved every single recipe from this cookbook, so I like to go there when I am in the mood to try something new because I know it will be good. Anyway, I visit Taste of Home online sometimes for recipes as well! I love it! I like reading the comments to some of the ratings too! And they have videos on how to make certain things! AND they have an advanced search that allows you to find slow cooker recipes, healthy recipes, contest winning recipes, etc.

2.) Spark People. A great place to set exercise and health goals! If you don't have an app for your i-phone...this is a great place!

3.) Cluck.Cluck Sew. Kevin knows the husband of this blog owner and I visit her site to Ooooo and Awwww...and wish I could sew straighter lines.

4.) Sugar Doodle. This is a great site for serving in callings for the church! It has great lesson ideas, visiting teaching ideas, etc. I go here for Nursery ideas. I also got a sign for our door about keeping our Nursery, "Bug Free".

5.) A Blog about Food. A girl in our ward created her own site awhile ago, and she has great recipes! She really is inspiring, and I look forward to trying some of her recipes soon!

And new favorites...

6.) apartmentbaking.com! This is a site my sister-in-law just started. She has developed a real love of cooking, and desires to learn more. So, she is going to use this site to post her experiences in the kitchen. She is hoping she will learn a lot from it. If you have ever seen "Julia, Julia", this site is kind of like that.

7.) jgibb8.com! This is a site started by my brother-in-law. It reviews movies. Now, Kevin and I can check this place out when we are debating on what movie to rent!

Do you have any favorite blogs or website you like to visit?

4 comments:

Caralee said...

You should look at cakewrecks.blogspot.com it's hilarious!!

teresa said...

thanks for the shoutout! and i agree wiht the cakewrecks, it's hilarious.

Gibbles N Bit said...

Thanks for the mention ellen! You're the best. I put a new post up today, as a matter of fact. Check it out!
www.apartmentbaking.com

Stephanie said...

Yeah I think my favorite websites are blogs my friends make with their recipes because I need all the help I can get!!