Monday, February 13, 2012

So far...


Last week was Kevin's first week of his first externship! So far it has been pretty good.

The Dr. he works with really likes him and has taken him out to eat 3 times this last week. He took him back to King of Prussia (near Philadelphia) to look at an interior design company especially for optometrists. They design waiting rooms, the glasses shop, and the little check up rooms. It was a great experience for him to see how that process works. The other plus, is that his doctor uses a lot of machines/ equipment Kevin has never used before, so he is being exposed to new things as well. Kevin was asked to write a blog for his Dr.'s Optometry blog (and that was only after his third day). Maybe I will post that later.

The doctor Kevin works for is very into image (which you kind of have to be if you are selling glasses to your patients). Anyway, he gave Kevin his own office with "Dr. Wheat" next to it, and a new name tag that also says "Dr. Wheat". Kevin is not supposed to be called by "Doctor" yet, because his school doesn't want a law suit, but he was flattered. He told Kevin that he needed nicer glasses to set him apart as a REAL optometrist and is offering to buy him new glasses. So, Kevin has really been enjoying externships so far.

Other than that, Kevin has just been studying a lot for his first board exam in March. I am super nervous about this. It's hard feeling like there is nothing I can do to help him. So to get my mind off of it...I play with my little niece, crochet or help my sis in law around the house.

I don't see Kevin much, but I am willing to sacrifice time with him for him to pass this first board. After he passes this board, he will have a little break before the next big one. i can't wait for it to be over. Only 1 month to go till its over!

4 comments:

Shilo and Betsy said...

Wow it sounds like the externship is going great. Now let's just hope all the rest are like this one :)I love you!

Lindsey said...

That sounds so awesome! I'm so happy for you guys, it sounds like your doing really well! Good luck to Kevin and to you! Its hard giving up the hubby so much! Miss you!

Jaymie and Justin said...

That is so great that his first externship is going so well!

Erin Anderson said...

So exciting things are going to well with the externship. I am so sorry though that you guys don't get to see each other that much. =) Hope this next month goes quick for you.