Sorry this has taken a long time for me to blog! I am already caught up in school. I am taking a piano class for one of my requirements and I have to practice a lot for that, plus practice voice, and try to understand some other music theory/ ear training classes.... Anyway...here is the story of how Kevin's proposal really happened!
Kevin and I started discussing what we should do that day (Dec. 27th). He wanted to go out and decorate a Christmas tree at a park, but I wasn't in the mood to go out because it was cold and snowing...(keep in mind that I didn't think he would propose till January because he told me he wouldn't get the ring until then). After telling him I wasn't in the mood to, he asked if we could go to the temple and walk around. I hesitated, but since I love the denver temple, I agreed.
Once we got to the Denver Temple, we got out of my car and walked around...it was cold so I started complaining about how cold it was, but tried to bite my tongue because I didn't want to ruin Kevin's time at the temple. We walked around some more, and then walked around the back where the bridal benches are. While we were there, Kevin turned his back on me for a second and I heard him open what sounded like a zip-lock bag. I asked him what he was doing while half curled in a ball from trying to keep warm. He said, "I just found this zip-lock back on the ground." Not thinking much about it, I turned away from him to walk over the the front of the temple. Just as I was walking away Kevin walked up to me and said, "Ellen, I have something for you!" I turned around and saw Kevin holding my ring up in front of me! He didn't get down on one knee, I think because of the snow...I was shocked that he had it. Then he asked me to marry him, and I said yes!
After that, he tried to put the ring on my right hand ring finger and I told him he was putting it on the wrong hand. He kind of laughed (I think he was kind of nervous), because after he laughed he dropped the ring in the snow. It was kind of cute though...
So that is the story of Kevin's proposal! I still kind of feel bad because I ruined his original plan of decorating a tree, and because it was so cold and snowy, I felt bad that I complained about the weather...but he sure took me by surprise, and that is hard to do!
3 comments:
yea it was very cute!!!!
oh, how sweet! Thanks for sharing. (and I can't believe Kevin dropped it!) Robert likes to think he surprised me but he was acting so funny that I knew. Good job Kevin for making it a surprise.
That is a great story! I loved to read about it. Thanks for sharing. The Wheat boys are kinda funny when it comes to surprises but if Kevin is like David, they just get so excited about surprises they just want to show/ tell you them right away! haha Congratulations again.
Post a Comment