- Both of us at the Rexburg Temple Ice Sculpture in front of Hard Hat
It has been a long time since we blogged, so I thought it was about time for another post. Kevin and I have been pretty busy with school! I have been practicing the piano like crazy, memorizing music for my next recital, and trying to work on the hardest class I have ever taken in my life...EAR TRAINING 2!
Kevin is also studying hard for his classes, and has just made a new plan for his studying.
Next Tuesday, I will be recieving my endowment! We are both excited! Originally, I was going to recieve them in the Rexburg Temple, but the temple dedication has been postponed, so I will now be recieving them in the Idaho Falls temple! Kevin has already made two appointments for us to go through the Rexburg Temple when it opens up! This next Tuesday, will also be the last day I will get to see my younger brother before he leaves for his mission! It will be good to see him one last time before he leaves, and be able to go through the temple with him.
I am so thankful for temples. I was thinking about how blessed I have been to be able to live close to a temple for most of my life. It was always such a great reminder of what I wanted for myself as I would drive home from school, or from coming home with a date. I am excited to take another step in my life, and to wear garments. A lot of my friends have asked me if I was dreading wearing garments, but I am SO excited! It will be another constant reminder of what I want, and who I want to become. I am so thankful, that I have parents who have helped me dress modestly and learn how important modesty is so that I can make this transition in my life. It's nice to know that I won't have to throw out any clothes after I get garments. I am also grateful, and feel so blessed that I am going to marry someone who wants to take me to the temple, and holds the preisthood. It's comforting to know that I have made a good decision in my future companion!
6 comments:
Funny I had friends tell me the same thing about wearing garments...and I told them they are the best thing I have ever worn, I can't imagine not wearing them. I wish we could be there with you when you go to the temple. It is the most beautiful place and you feel so right being there. Enjoy the experience. And good luck with your classes!
Yea for garments! They are cozy-comfy and you will love them. When practicing your aural skills just keep repeating to yourself, this to shall pass, this to shall pass. And you can graduate with a degree and get a C+ in aural skills. (Not that I know from personal experience)
I absolutely love how enthused Ellen is to receive her endowment.
Hopefully our parents will be able to come out (SAFELY) with this CRAZY SNOW!!!
Hey I just thought I would tell you Kev, that I found your old roommate Cade's blog. It is http://cadeandcarrian.blogspot.com
thanks
Post a Comment