Friday, June 20, 2008

My DAD!

I know it's kind of too late to post about Father's day, but I just read my sister, Kelly's blog, and then read my Father's blog and felt touched. It made me miss my Father a lot! I have a lot of GREAT memories with my dad. In high school, I had a lot of great friends, but in my busy life, I found that the best hang out spot was to be home with my family. I remember a couple of times my mom would leave town to visit other family (Kelly, Emily, Elaine) and my dad would take me and David out to rent a movie. A couple of times, Dad and I would just be together and watch a movie. I loved how my dad would take me on daddy daughter dates! This didn't happen very often, but when we did go out, I always had a lot of fun with him. My senior year of high school, I took a golfing class. After taking the class, I begged my dad to take me out golfing so I could teach him what I learned. One day, we did go golfing. It was very rainy, but that didn't stop my dad from golfing with me! He gave me some great tips too! One of my very favorite memories was when I was upset about something that had happened with my first boyfriend. We were supposed to go to the movies together, but something came up. I don't know why I was so upset about it, but I ran to my room and cried. My dad came into the room later, and sat on the floor with me. It was a great lesson to me on how much my father really cared about everything that happened in my life. He even offered to take me to the movies! My dad has been a wonderful example and teacher to me. Even when I was in trouble, I loved the counsel he would give to me! He has always been a great example to me, and an inspiration to become a better person. Antother great thing he has done for me is marry my mother. Sorry, I kind of rambled on like that...I couldn't help it...I guess reading those posts really made me miss him! I can't wait to see him in a couple of weeks! Besides the fact that I miss my dad, Kevin and I have been very busy with school this week. The play is starting to take more of my time, which means I have even less time to do homework. I've really had to keep up with school with this play, and sometimes it is overwhelming! Who knew a townsperson would be so much work! Kevin has been busy stuying for tests. He took a calculas test this week and got a 96% without extra credit. Right now, he is taking a biology test! He is such a hard working student, and I am very proud of him! I can't wait for the play to be over so we can actually go on a date!!!! Other than that, life is pretty good. Sorry...I don't mean to keep posting pictures of the wedding but I don't have very many pictures here of my dad! SAD:(

P.S. Dad, I saw that you tagged me, but I was just recently tagged and don't have much else to say...so you'll have to look for that post...I'll have Kevin post something though since you tagged him too! Or maybe we'll do a joint post!

No comments: