Friday, July 25, 2008

Divits Cup Champion




Tonight after I helped move a member of our bishopric (Side Note: this was a very good move for Mormon standards, they actually had everything boxed up and easy to handle) a couple of buddies of mine decided we would play a little game of croquet. But todays game wasn't any ordinary game for me. It was a thrashing on my part. I got poison before anyone else even got around the first set of wickets! So one by one I picked the rest of the players out and last of all I got Ellen out. This is only my second time joining the group to play because usually I am studying. So for the first time this year I am a "Divits Cup Champion". It feels good, really good! I think I will try and get a Croquet Club going at optometry school, it is a gentleman's sport you know.
ps Linda I am studying very hard.

4 comments:

linda barrett said...

Every one needs a diversion now & then. Congratulations on the win! (Is there a trophy involved?) :)

Melarie Wheat said...

I didn't even understand half of that- divets, wickets, poison? Huh? Maybe i need to brush up on my croquet terminology.

mini-wheats said...

If i would had won last week i would have a trophy, but because the original owner of the croquet set took the trophy with him to dental school in ohio i got nothing! Mel - grandpa has a very sweet corquet set we will have to bust it out when i get out there in september.

Denise said...

Grandpa also has a great lawn to play croquet on. I sure miss Calvin. Congrats Kevin, does that mean you are now the BEST? Don't tell Robert!