Thursday, August 7, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Last night, Kevin suggested that I post pictures of our apartment! So, I cleaned it up real nice this morning and took pictures! When we first moved in, we didn't have hardly any furniture, and we only had three chairs and a piano bench! We love our place! We feel so blessed to have parents and friends who have helped us put together our home!

As for my new project! One of our first pieces of furniture were these chairs that Kevin's Dad found sitting around and gave it to us! My mother's friend, Sister Ericson came over while they were here in town and suggested that we cover them with fabic. So, I bought some cheap fabric and next week, we will unscrew one of the cushions and staple the fabric on the bottom! I am not sure how we will cover the top part yet, but she thinks we'll be able to figure that out!

Anyway, here are the pictures of our apartment, and my upcoming project!


The entrance to our home!


The left side of our bedroom!


Our Bed


The bathroom!


A cool picture in our bathroom!


Family Room


Family room again!


Kitchen


Kitchen again!


Kevin's Study/Our Storage room!


One of the chairs i plan to recover!


The fabric I picked out to upholster them!

4 comments:

linda barrett said...

Cute fabric Ellen! I think that you could make a slipcover for the backs of the chairs & have it tie on, but I'm sure that Fran will have some good ideas. Take your sewing machiene over with you & she can help you with it. (Also, buy some matching thread.)

Denise said...

I agree Linda, I think that fabric will look great on the chairs! Wow you have a really cute place and I love the sign Dawn gave you. Keep up the studying Kevin. Love you!

Unknown said...

Your apt. looks so cute!! What a fun project, I love that fabric you picked out. Can't wait to see the results.

Mike and Kelly said...

It is so fun setting up your first place. Everything looks so homey. Great job. I must say the bathroom is my favorite room. I love the colors.