I had an amazing experiance today that I have to share.
For those of you who don't know (I hide it well), I have been having a rough semester. It hasn't been all bad. I have been doing extremely well in all of my classes so far, but it isn't easy staying on top of things. Maybe it's because mid-terms are coming up. Anyhow, I have been a little stressed lately. This week, I sang in a masterclass, had two tests, started getting syptoms of a cold, had a workshop with my english teacher, had a car battery die on me (luckily we got that taken care of and haven't had any other problems with the car), and today I stressed out about getting a song memorized for choir. I am also a little stressed with getting prepared for my senior recital.
Throughout the week and semester, I have been praying a lot. Basically asking for help getting through each day. I have also been having a hard time feeling good about the work I am doing in my classes, even though I have been getting perfect scores lately. Anyway, before my choir class, I was really frustrated. I had to have this song memorized for class, and even though I had worked on it for about two days, I wasn't getting it. I usually memorize music really fast. We were supposed to have a test on it in class, so I was getting a little stressed out. I prayed for help. Actually, I PLEADED for help. At the beginning of class, a member of the choir shared a spiritual thought about President Hinkley. He showed a clip from the end of his funeral. It touched me, but I didn't cry. Then Brother Kempton (our choir conductor), felt impressed that we sing "i thank you god", by Eric Whitcare. As we sang the first line, I started crying. I normally NEVER cry in front of people. I felt the spirit speak strongly to me that Heavenly Father knew what I was going through and that he loved me. I could hardly make a sound throughout the whole song. I kept thinking about how grateful I was for His help throughout the semester. I am so glad that I am not alone that he understands the desires of my heart, and of my struggles.
I know it sounds kind of pathetic to be stressed and frustrated for little things such as school. Sometimes I look at the struggles that all of you have gone through and I feel kind of pathetic. However, it was a good experiance, and I am grateful that I was able to have it. It really did help me get through today. Even better, we ended up not having our test in choir. I think it is tomorrow though, so I better get to memorizing again! If you would like to hear the song that we sang in choir today, you can click on "My voice blog". Scroll down, and there is a video of the song. You might have to pause my playlist thing though.
P.S. Sorry about changing my background all the time...
1 comment:
Awww Ellen,
What you are stressing over is not little...its your life and completely understandable especially with the load you have this semester! I am glad you had that experience! Sometimes it is his tender mercies that keeps us going!
Post a Comment