
March 21st, I will be performing my Senior Recital! I have to admit that when I signed up, I got this sinking feeling. It's a lot of work, but it will be worth it! I have already planned my program, and have begun re-memorizing music (which hasn't been too hard because I sing them often anyway.)
Those who are required to have a senior recital have to write a paper about their music, perform for a jury and then perform their senior recital. I am lucky that I don't have to sing for a jury, or write a huge paper on my music. I just get to perform my music for the fun of it!!! So, I am getting pretty excited. I also got to pick whatever music I wanted, whereas many of my peers had to group their music by Musical Eras, composers, and themes. Here is what to expect at my senior recital!
Songs on Nature and God:
Song to the Moon-Dvorak (In the Czech language)
Nun beut die Flur (The Creation)-Haydn
Spring Waters- Rachmaninoff
Die Allemacht-Schubert
Rejoice, Greatly -Handel
Mandoline Group of songs:
Mandoline-Dupont
Mandoline-Debussy
Mandoline-Faure'
Songs on Love:
Meine Liebe ist Grun-Brahms
Caro nome (Rigoletto)-Verdi
Quando m'en vo soletta (La Boheme)-Puccini
Tis' Done I am a Bride- Gilbert and Sullivan
and my last song will be:
Where the Music Comes From-Hoiby
All these songs are very fun, and I am excited about singing and performing them! I'm not quite sure what order I will sing them in yet, I am still planning that part. However, I am thrilled that I will be singing every song by a different composer.
i will also be performing in some mini-recitals throughout the semester to prepare for my senior recital! My first one is February 9th!
8 comments:
Good Luck! You will be awesome as always. Love ya!
Great program! I wish I could be there. I love what you've chosen. So fun. Good luck with everything. You'll have to send us a recording! (My sisters and mom are coming into town that weekend, and it's 4 weeks before my due date.)
That is a huge program!! Good luck with everything, I'm sure you'll be fab-u-loso!
Oh we wish we could be there to hear you sing! You have a beautiful voice and we know you will do awesome!
Stay warm up there! :)
Good luck!
how exciting Ellen! you have an amazing voice!
That's great! Good luck.
I am glad I am not your accompianist! Those are some huge songs! Good for you!
Post a Comment