Monday, September 14, 2009

I DID IT!!!


Don't you hate it when you write an amazing post that you're really proud of and then all of a sudden your computer stops working at the end of it and it's gone??? I DO!!!

Anyway, I wrote a post that was so inspiring to myself about how I got back on the treadmill today after debating about it for weeks! My new years resolution this year was to eat better and to work out more. I did really well (of course) during the first part of the year because I had an AMAZING friend who supported my efforts and ran with me every morning at 5!!! (Ruth, I miss you!!!!) Once Winter semester ended, so did my routine. My excuse? A Physically challenging job over the summer, and moving. Well, now that I have been here for about a month and a half I decided it was time I tried to get back in the "sweat" of things (hahaha...I crack myself up! j/k) ;)

So this morning, I did some strength training and then walked over to the gym at our apartment complex! It was a hard run due to the thickness of the air that I am not used to, but I did it and that is all that matters to me right now!!!

Anyways, I guess this is a reminder to keep up with your new year resolutions! I am not one to commit myself to resolutions, but this is one that I desperately want to commit myself to. As Thomas Carlyle, a scottish Historian, would say..."Nothing builds self-esteem and self confidence like accomplishment."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for YOU!!

Mimi Nowland said...

Way to go! I need to get back on the bandwagon of exercise...

Angela said...

Way to go! By the way, if you're interested in early morning runs, we have a few women who meet up. :)