Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Possible JOB!

I thought I should do a post so everyone knows that I am not depressed and things are great over here at Philadelphia! When we first got here, we tried looking for a job at his school so we could share the car together but they said they had no opening. One of the counselors told him that a job may open as a receptionist for one of his clinics if they can fit it in their budget. When Kevin reported this to me, I prayed that it would open so that I could work there. Well, last Friday Kevin went in to check on any job openings. The lady he talked to lit up as she told him that they were looking for someone to fill that position. I was SO excited to hear the news and got working on the application and working up a resume immediately!

On Saturday, Kevin and I went to Ocean City, NJ and enjoyed the beautiful weather. It was VERY crowded, but so fun nevertheless. Fortunately for me, Kevin makes friends where ever he goes! I found him talking to a guy after swimming in the ocean and thought, "Who is Kevin talking to? Does he know this person from school?" He then introduced me and noted that I was applying for a job at the clinic. The man Kevin was talking to happened to be married to a woman who was in charge of the module I was applying to at Kevin's clinic. The man got really excited and asked his wife to remember my name so she could put in a good word for me! I was amazed at the odds of sitting next to this couple at such a crowded beach, and am hoping and praying that I get this job at Kevin's clinic! It would be the perfect job. It pays nice, it's close to his school and the hours are GREAT! Kevin and I could easily pull this off with one car!!!!

So, if you could, please pray that I can get this job. Kevin and I fasted and prayed yesterday, and today I am turning my application and resume in today! We are so excited for the possibility, and I hope I'm not setting myself up for disappointment, but I might as well try! YAY!!!

6 comments:

Joci said...

That is so awesome! Prayer works! We'll keep you in ours!

Unknown said...

Prayer makes everything work out! What a great blessing and opportunity this would be for you both. We will keep you in our prayers too. That is so FANTASTIC!!

Laura said...

You will be in my prayers!

Katie said...

We will for sure! That would be perfect it sounds like. I know how it is to have one car and then have to do two people's jobs!

Christa and Marcus said...

That is very exciting!! I hope everything works out!!

Melarie Wheat said...

oh, that sounds perfect! We'll pray for you too. I hope you hear something soon.