(I don’t know) You tell me.. is it one or two?
Saturday, Kevin and I went to his school to get contacts fitted because his school pays for them. Kevin was pretty excited to have his first pair of contacts! He prepared himself by watching videos on youtube on how to put them in.
After I was done with my appointment, I sat in the waiting room for awhile...I was then escorted to see Kevin. There were three other optometry students surrounding him and I couldn't help but laugh as I watched them try to put his contacts in his eyes. Every now and then, he would turn his head or flinch. I felt bad for him, but at the same time...it was quite a sight to see!
Later that night, Kevin struggled to get his contacts out of his eyes. He was getting pretty frustrated with himself. I tried showing him how to do it a few times, but he had a hard time touching his eye. At one point, he got SO frustrated with himself that he yelled, "Ellen, take me to the hospital! I can't get my contacts out of my eye!" I pictured myself taking Kevin to the hospital and laughed at the thought of Kevin explaining to the nurse that he was studying to be an Optometrist, but he couldn't get his contacts out.
Finally, Kevin got his contacts out and we enjoyed a good laugh at the experience. At one point, I told Kevin that this was a good experience for him because now he could understand what his patients will go through. He told me that what he went through was worse than going to the dentist! hahaha! I'm so glad that I have a husband who has a sense of humor and can laugh at himself!
9 comments:
I loved this post! I struggled for a long time with contacts as well. Take me to the hospital! I love you guys.
hahaha!!! that is too funny! (but not for you kevin, sorry bud!) you guys are so cute!
I have worn contacts for 18 years, but I feel Kevin's pain. It gets easier, I promise.
H-i-l-arious!! Kevin you will get the hang of it. But I do want to know how are you going to be able to touch other peoples eyes?
* PS You are just like your brother!!
Oh wow thats great! I remember it took me an hour to get my first contact in one eye. The lady at the place was trying to help me and she got so frustrated, it was hilarious!! Dont worry Kevin, it gets easier!
Hahaha. Yeah, it was traumatizing when I first put my contacts in. And I've always said I'd rather go to the dentist 10 times than go to the eye doctor. (Sorry Kevin!)
BTW its kevin. Jen, I dont have a problem touching other peoples eyes. And for a little bit of an update on the situation....Im doing a lot better at getting them in and out. Im pretty sure Ill end up getting the monthlys and not the dailys.
So.....did you ever get it in? Thanks for the good laugh.
that's too funny! I'm sure you're doing a lot better now Kev, I think everyone spends an hour trying to put them in and take them out when they first get them. Definitely a good experience for you.
Post a Comment