Before Spring Break ended, Kevin and I decided to visit the Art Museum! It was awesome, and I hope we can go back again!
We also went to China for Spring Break! Of course we didn't...inside the museum there was an Indian Temple (It was too dark to get a picture of that) and other rooms decorated as if you were really there! The Asian exhibit was my FAVORITE!
Outside the Museum
ROCKY!!!!
Last week, I went to Colorado. My little brother came home from a 2 year mission in Nicaragua, Managua! He looked great!!!! Tan as ever...(I miss tan skin...I discovered that I was the whitest member of my family while I was out there!) This was a very momentous occasion! Not only did I get to see my little brother again, but I also got to have all of my siblings there! This hasn't happened for YEARS!!!! I can't even remember the last time we were all together, otherwise I would give a specific number of how long it has been!
This was before he came home! And no...we didn't leave his cardboard cut-out of him outside.
Elder Barrett!!!!!
Enjoying the carpet when we got inside!
My sister, Kelly, showing David the new technology that has come out since his mission! He told us that he felt like he had just flashed into the future!
It was great being all together again, but we all missed our spouses! None of them were able to make it because of school, work, and it was too expensive to fly a whole family out. Despite being away from our own families, we had a great time reflecting on old times, joking around, and eating! That's what Barrett's do...and now I really need to work off the weight I gained in the last 10 days! (Bleh) We also got a family picture to celebrate having all siblings in one place. I don't have it though and I don't have any other family pictures to show off because I was enjoying the moment and eating a lot!
David, has definitly grown into a man. It was fun hearing about his mission and his AMAZING testimony of the gospel. He reported on the 14th and I was flabergasted with the testimony he shared on Joseph Smith and the Restored Gospel! I honestly, don't think I have heard a testimony quite like the one he gave. It was incredibly powerful, and sincere! He really inspires me to be better and teach the gospel to others.
After he got home, the next day, he went to get a hair cut. As the Barber was cutting his hair, he taught him the first discussion. After he was done, he asked the Barber if he would like the missionaries to come to his house and teach him more. The Barber said, "No thanks, I think I got the jist of it" David then told me how he really wanted to say, "If you got the jist of it...then you would want to be baptized." Ever since he has been home, he has tried teaching everyone he can about the gospel. Yesterday, before I left to come home...he had taught the doctor that gave him a TB test. I guess he was actually pretty interested in what David had to say and had a lot of questions. It makes me want to open my mouth more. There are a lot of people out there that really want to know the truth, but don't know where to look! I am making a goal for myself to actually talk to other people. I can be shy sometimes, so I would like to be better at talking to people at the grocery store and stuff like that....then maybe I can work my self up to sharing the gospel more freely!
I also finished my embroidered birds while I was there and bought some cheap frames for them! My mom helped me frame them and they look SOOOOOO cute! I am proud of them...it makes me want to make something else now. I am excited to hang them up in our room. We have nothing on our walls in our room and it will be nice to have something up now! Here are some pictures of the cute little birds I made!
And here is a video of the first time we saw David after two years!!!! We were all VERY excited!!!! Kelly's kids were pretty shy, and Brooke wasn't feeling too well. I don't think we really knew what to say when we saw him! We just liked to look at him!
3 comments:
Those birds are amazing!!! And tell david hello from me!
Im so glad you had a fun time at home and with your family!! I cant believe David is home already, tell him hi from us!! And your birds look great, Looks like youve been having lots of fun lately!!
Is it sad that I've lived here nearly four years and never been inside the art museum? It looks great though. I hope you had a good time!
Post a Comment