Friday, March 26, 2010

New Job!

I just thought I would update you on my new job!

As you know...I am not nannying Brady and Jack anymore, and it was a REALLY stressful job! I decided after that job, that I needed to take a break and yes...it was a long break, but I felt like I needed it. And to be honest....I'm not sure if I am truly ready to do this kind of work again...but I am. I am nannying again.

This is what makes it different from my last job...

*The family lives right across the street from us so I can walk over there and Kevin can take the car.

*The family is in our ward, so if Kevin and I want to go see New York, or something like that, we can possibly work with some members in our ward on watching the kid for a week.

*The little boy speaks English!

* Because this family lives so close, if I NEED to do some house work, I am allowed to bring her son to my apartment to do it...so I won't nearly be as stressed with everything that needs to be done.

*When I am home from work, I won't be stressed from driving in traffic for an hour (this was one of the stresses from my last job) because they live so close.

*I get to watch a nine year old sometime in the summer for a couple of weeks! I nannied for a nine year old when I was 12 and I LOVED it! They are so helpful around that age so I am happy for that!

*I get to help a sister out in the ward! She just moved in and I love her already!

*I don't start until May 5th, so I still have some time to soak in the moments I have without children and get ready to nanny! (Not that I don't want children...TRUST ME...I DO!)

That being said, I am very optimistic about this job! I am a little nervous about the stress of watching a child again (I REALLY stress out easy), but I don't think this will be nearly as bad as my last job! It's also a relief knowing I can talk about my religion a little more freely and sing hymns for him when I need to because that was hard sometimes with my last job. I always sang hymns to the baby because that is what calmed him down...but I don't think his mom liked it.

Anyway...there is my news for the moment...I need to clean up the apartment and eat now. I have to go to Kevin's school soon to get my eyes tested. He is practicing for a practical exam.

9 comments:

Mike and Kelly said...

Sounds like a good job. Your last job was really weird. This will be much better.

Gibbles N Bit said...

yay!

nathalia said...

Yay!!! I'm so glad that this is working out - for everyone involved!!!

Megan said...

Yay! Ellen! I am so happy that you decided to take the job. I really and truly hope that it goes leaps and bounds better than your last job, and I have confidence that it will! Also, we can play date anytime too, like to the pool!!

Elaine said...

That's awesome!!! I am looking for a new job right now too and it's so hard trying to find THE one... It's like dating all over again!

Melarie Wheat said...

yay! congratulations, I'm sure you're going to love working so close to home.

Annette said...

It sounds like it's going to be great for you and the other family. Good luck!

Caralee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eric and Caralee said...

I'm so glad you found something better!