
Yesterday, was our 2 year anniversary and it seems weird to me. I can’t believe it has been two years already! I still feel like we are in our first months of marriage.
This year was a hard one for us. Not because we had marital problems or anything, because we didn’t. Last year, we decided it was time to expand our family. Despite our hopes and wishes, it didn’t work the way we wanted it to. The year was hard….we watched a lot of friends around us have babies, which made our desire to have kids grow. Throughout this year we tried to keep our plans of having a baby hush, hush…but as time went on, it became easier to just tell people, and I felt good being able to talk to friends about it openly. For a long time, I was trying to keep this out of my blog as well, but now as I reflect on this last year of our marriage…I feel like it is only appropriate to share the most important thing I have learned this year in my marriage.
I know that Heavenly Father lives, and that He sent His son, Jesus Christ to this earth for us. Knowing that the Savior, knows exactly how I feel when I feel hopeless has been such a blessing to me during this trial. I am eternally grateful that I married a man who has been by my side through the thick and the thin, and that he is mine forever. I know he loves me without any guile and with his whole heart. He has been such a blessing in my life, and he continues to teach me how to be more like the Savior every day I am with him.
I love his enthusiasm for life, watching him play with the kids in our nursery, and his insights when we read our scriptures together, or have FHE. I am so grateful for this trial in our second year of marriage. It amazes me at how much our love has grown for each other. I feel like we have truly grown so much closer to each other as we have had to grow closer to our Heavenly Father and the Savior.
I am so grateful that we could celebrate the day we became an eternal family.
8 comments:
Ellen, you are a treasure!!
Oh, we love you guys so much! Thank you for sharing some of your deeper thoughts and feelings. :) And, happy 2 years!!
Congratulations on two years!!!! And thank you for sharing your thoughts too! Something I have finalllly learned is that things don't always go the way we plan. It's not our plan that is important but Heavenly Father's plan for us. Hang tight, Ellen. He's watching over you.
i know that i'm still just getting to know you, but i just adore you! what a sweet blog, all the best to both of you! happy anniversary!
That was such a beautiful post Ellen. Everything happens for a reason and it only brings us closer in our marriage. Congrats on two years!
hooray for celebrating marriage!!!
Congratulations on two years! Someday we need to meet!
There is something really liberating about coming out in the open about your troubles, having just done it myself. Anyway, I'm sorry about your kid struggles. You guys are such wonderful people. I'm sure the Lord is mindful of you.
On the upside, you have the most gorgeous wedding dress I've ever seen! Congrats on the two years!
Post a Comment