Time Square
After soaking in the fact that we were in New York, we headed to the Manhattan New York Temple and did an endowment session.
As we were waiting for our endowment session to start, a guy walked up to us and asked if we were visiting for the first time, he told us to make sure we check the sealing rooms out because they were gorgeous! So, after our endowment session we went to check out the sealing rooms but ended up doing a sealing session as well. I think we enjoyed our time at the temple most though, so we didn't mind doing two different sessions.
After the temple, Kevin wanted to check out Central Park, plus we were starving so we also were on the search of a good place to eat some New York Pizza!
Central Park was pretty crowded, but we really enjoyed people watching over there. There were some pretty strange people!
We finally found a place that sold pizza, and enjoyed every bite of it! Then we were off to enjoy the rest of Time Square.
Rockefeller Center
Cool Building?!
Crazy M&M store
This was actually pretty funny! You had to step on a scale and find out what M&M mood you were. In case you can't see the picture...it says, "Your color mood is Maroon-You've really got sincerity down pat!" When this came up on the scale, a whole bunch of guys around us awww'ed. It was pretty funny! I didn't do the scale because there was a long line.
F.A.O Schwartz was an awesome toy store but the toys were ridiculously expensive! These elephants were $100, and they had some camels that were $500! I don't know why anyone would want to spend that much money on a toy!
One of our favorite places we visit was St. Patrick's Cathedral!
At one point, we got separated from each other...I didn't bring my cell phone along and it was pretty big and crowded. I have to admit...I was really worried that I had seriously lost Kevin, but obviously we found each other and were grateful to be reunited! We held hands for the rest of the day, and I LOVED IT!!!
By dinner time, our feet and legs were worn out, so we decided to go to the Marriott Marquis to eat dinner. Kevin's professor told Kevin to check out "The View". It is a buffet that spins around time square (kind of like the space needle). We spent the rest of the night eating and enjoying the view! It was fun to see the city light up at the end of the night and a perfect way to end the night!
After dinner, we made our way to the bus, and slept the whole ride home. We got in around 1:00 am, but weren't too tired the next day because we were able to sleep on the bus. We will definitely take the bus again.
9 comments:
That looks like so much fun! Happy birthday Kevin!
A perfect way to celebrate the big 25!! Happy Birthday Kevin. We want to go to NYC with you next time.
That would have been scary to get separated from each other! Yikes! Happy birthday Kevin...
PS I can totally tell you are a "sincere" M&M as well Ellen!
Sounds like you guys had a super fun day. I love the part about holding hands, you guys are too cute!
I'm a little jealous that you get to see so many cool sights. But I'm glad you're having lots of fun. Congrats on your new calling ... it's been 2 months and I still don't have one. Miss you!
So fun! And I seriously laughed when you said you thought you had lost Kevin! The first thing that popped into my head was Home Alone 2 or whatever...but maybe you guys are too young to remember that :) Anyway, so glad you guys had fun!! You should rent bikes through Central Park sometime, it's awesome.
What a perfect way to spend his birthday!!! Looks like you guys had a blast!
ellen that trip sounds like it was SO much FUN!!! i am so glad you went! and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KEVIN! i hope eric and i get to do fun trips like that! and maybe meet up with you guys! i mees my elbell!
cool Ellen!! That sounds like so much fun!! Happy Birthday to Kevin!!
Post a Comment