Tuesday, June 8, 2010

"And this be our motto:'In God is our Trust'"

Kevin and I made another trip to D.C. this last weekend. Our ward was having a temple trip on Saturday, so we left Friday to walk around D.C. together and spend some time with Kevin's brother (he is moving to Arlington, Virginia)and visit with my sister and her family in Maryland. I love how everything is right next to each other here!

The White House!



We tried to take a look at the Holocaust museum, but it was closing so we only got to see one exhibit. Good thing it was free. Mostly, we just walked around and people watched because everything was closing for the night. We did walk around this cool garden full of art statues and stuff!

This was our favorite!

We got spiritually uplifted by going to the temple. The D.C. temple is GORGEOUS! I think it might be my new favorite temple!


On Sunday, my sister's family had Stake Conference and Elder Holland was giving them a new stake President. It was a great experience, and Elder Holland's talk was powerful (as always). We were really glad we were able to go! One of my favorite things he said in his talk was about how as members of the church we really get more than we bargained for. By that he meant, that if we are serving and fulfilling our callings and doing what we should be doing, we will receive more blessings than we could ever bargain for.


Liam and his Soccer Trophy! He is growing up SO fast! I can't believe he is 10!




Rowan being himself! This kid loves to entertain and laugh!


I wish I had more pictures of this cute girl! She is seriously one of the sweetest little girls I know.


This picture cracks me up! Kevin and Rowan were pretending to yell at each other (except really they weren't yelling at all they were whispering). I love how Liam just sits there in the middle like "I'm not related". At one point Rowan was shaking his little finger at Kevin but I couldn't get that fast enough!

We didn't take a lot of pictures this weekend. We mainly enjoyed the time with our families! NOTHING beats hanging out with family and kissing cute kids!

2 comments:

Bryn and Sierra Charsley said...

haha, i love that last picture!! Kevin is hilarious! nothing beats family!! Ellen, im so jealous, you always go out and do such fun things!! Im glad your are having a sweet adventure out there! I sure miss you!

Joy Boggess said...

i agree with sierra ellen! you have so much fun out there! i cant wait to join you for some of it! :) i didn't know the d.c. temple was the closest for you, i think it will be ours too! can we meet there sometime and do a trip together?? that would be so fun! and p.s. i can't believe how BIG your niece and nephews are getting! WOW!!