Anyway, after hanging out with Julia, I got to hang out with Robert and Melarie! We had a blast and saw a lot of stuff! We went to Lincoln's memorial, two Smithsonians, lots of War Memorials, two awesome parks, saw the White House, and visit with Kevin's cousins in Virginia! It was a fun trip, and I am sure it helped Kevin study more for finals having me gone, although...I REALLY missed him.
Mel, Julia, and I in front of the Lincoln Memorial! (Mel, I took two pictures from your blog, I hope you don't mind!) Julia is trying to snap in this picture! Mel snapped her fingers a few times to get Julia's attention for the camera, and Julia tried to copy her! It was pretty cute!
Robert, Mel, and Julia! Aren't they a cute little family? I had SO much fun with them!
So...that was my trip to D.C. It was great to get away for a few days.
Now that I have been home for about a week, I have started my nanny job and I LOVE it! The little boy I nanny is very cute! He is two in case some of you forgot, and he is SUPER well behaved! This nanny job is 100 times better than the last one! Instead of driving a kid around for his naps, I can just put him in his crib turn the lights off and leave! He also says Please and Thank you without being told! He really is a sweet kid, and I am beginning to love him already. It took three months to begin to love the other kid I nannied! That kid REALLY needed a routine and some discipline and no one would give it to him but me...and I think that is why I got fired...because I actually put him in time outs! Just thinking about it makes me feel tense!
Words can't even describe how good it feels to walk across the street and be home! I'm pretty sure I've always been about 30 minutes away from all my jobs, so I welcome this change!
I also used my bread maker for the second time yesterday. I got work off early and didn't know what to do with myself so I went to the store (also across the street), bought a few ingredients, and made...
CINNAMON ROLLS!
We had them for breakfast this morning and they were delicious! (Sigh) Life couldn't be better! :)
3 comments:
Mmm! Those cinnamon rolls look delicious! I am glad that you like your new job!!
You're right life couldn't be better than being with family, loving your job and cinnamon rolls! Those do look yummy.
ELLEN!!! what a fun trip! we will have to meet up in d.c. when we get there and you will have to show us all the fun parks and stuff to go to! and we will hizang out! and we will have fun! like old times! wahoo! love ya elbell!
Post a Comment