These past months, I have reflected a lot on my testimony and I am amazed at how much it has grown in such a short amount of time. I really wanted to bare my testimony in our ward this last Sunday, but unfortunately we had to go to Kevin's grandpa's funeral this last weekend.
Anywho, I have felt like I need to bare my testimony more, and so here it goes.
I know with out any doubt that Heavenly Father loves every single one of us. He loves us so much that he sent his only Begotten Son to atone for our sins. I feel like I feel his love for me so much more when I struggle and need him there for me, or when I see someone else struggling in the church. Even if I don't know them very well, it is hard not to feel our Heavenly Father's love for someone who is lost and without hope. I cannot imagine a world without being able to repent of our sins...it would truly be devastating. Life wouldn't be worth living if we couldn't repent and live with a loving Heavenly Father.
I also know that because Heavenly Father loves all His children, He has organized a church that helps guide us back to Him. It's organized with living Prophets who speak for God and lead us in the right direction. I know that Joseph Smith restored this church for this latter day by the direction of our Heavenly Father.
I also have a testimony in temples. Kevin and I have really gone to the temple a lot lately since he was out of school for the summer. Even though it was a longer drive than I was used to (growing up about a block away from the Denver temple), going to the temple has been worth it every single time. It is a sacred, peaceful place where we can do the work for those who cannot do it for themselves and where we can learn more of the plan of happiness.
Just as I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are real, I also know that Satan is real. He knows our weaknesses and doesn't want us to be with our Heavenly Father. He knows our potential and tries to destroy it. In times of trial, he tries to wedge himself into our lives. If we do not have a strong testimony, he will succeed in destroying our spirits, and he has been successful before.
Last but not least, I know that Heavenly Father answers prayers and that we can have his Spirit with us wherever we go if we do the things we are supposed to and trust in Him to direct us (which hasn't always been easy for me). Even though we may not see what he sees, if we strive to serve others and follow His instruction "we will get way more than what we bargained for". I know that this is true. I cannot deny it, and I never will! I do have weaknesses, but I know how to overcome them because of the trials I have faced in my life.
I say that in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
6 comments:
Thanks Ellen, you have always been such a great example to me!
what an uplifting post, and testimony! thanks ellen, for sharing it!
Ellen, you are an amazing woman and a great example to me and those around you♥
Beautiful! What an amazing person you are! I feel so privileged everyday to be a member of the true church! Love you :)
Thank you for sharing, Ellen! You are a great example of what you believe!
Great testimony! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment