We got into our hotel around 9 just in time to hear Lebron James announce where he would make his move to. After watching his announcement, we went and swam in the hotel pool. My Dad, Kevin and Liam had a great time splashing each other...it was hilarious. I felt pretty bad for the other couple in the pool trying to enjoy a romantic evening.
The next day, we toured Palmyra and Kevin was in heaven!
Whitmer Farm
Martin Harris Farm
The Print Shop
I thought it was crazy that the men who printed the Book of Mormon had to put in all the letters individually, upside down, and backwards...
Towards the middle of the day, it started raining hard all throughout the day. We wore trash bags to keep dry and prayed a lot that it wouldn't be raining for the pageant.
Joseph Smith Farm
I had to put this picture in because I like having people in my pictures.
Everyone in the Smith Family shared a bed. There were three boys to one bed. I thought that was neat since Moroni visit Joseph while all of his other brothers were sleeping right there next to him.
The barn
The house that Alvin started building before he died for his family.
Getting ready to enter the Sacred Grove
Sacred Grove
Palmyra Temple
After our visit to the Joseph Smith Farm, we went to save some seats for the pageant. Fortunatly, because of the rain,we were able to get pretty good seats. However, it continued to rain for the two hours we waited and Liam didn't like that at all! When the Pageant started, it stopped raining so hard, it dribbled throughout the performance but it didn't bother us because we were already soaking wet!
Sporting my Trash Bag Rain Gear!
The Pageant was AMAZING! We definitely want to go again next year.
Jesus visiting the America's!
The next day Kevin and I had plans to visit Niagra Falls before heading home, but we were exhausted from all the travel and late night parties, so we decided to sleep in a little bit. When we had gotten all the sleep we needed, we headed to Hill Cumorah and did a session at the Palmyra temple.
href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEipAlDtjMVjIqY_j5cvbRhw5HY31VtQHBd0GXqgD7F-plbOjp5fiVPnCgf2AUr_ugup0c4Do-xIVsDyOrmni7UbwNOb4uwMfkegk-QfbLbzFQpslJ0bABjRfWg_ZdBTNKWe6Cv9CPtBZKMt/s1600/IMG_3161.JPG">
Don't mind Kevin's face in this...he has a hard time keeping his eyes open in pictures taken outside with the sun shining. I discovered how sensitive his eyes were when we got married...hahaha
We had a great time in Palmyra and I can honestly say that my testimony was strengthened there.
5 comments:
I wish we coud have gone this year, but we are for sure going next year. I love the pics! I also love that you guys were all smiling despite the rain...you are troopers!
I love Palmyra! It's so beautiful! And...you look good even in a garbage bag!!
Isn't Palmyra absolutely amazing??? I felt the Spirit a thousand miles away...or however far away I am!
I love the pageant.
I love Palmyra!! I want to go again so bad! Im glad you had a good time, its a special place!
I'll never forget your wedding day, and how Kevin had such a hard time keeping his eyes open for the pictures. Good times.
Post a Comment