Monday, August 30, 2010

Robert and Melarie's Visit

As I mentioned in my last post, Robert and Melarie came out to visit.

The next day, we decided to visit some places we had never been to before since they will be coming back for Thanksgiving and seeing all the traditional sites. The first place we went to was "The Academy of Natural Science Museum". As my sister-in-law, Melarie put it, "we saw lots of dead stuffed animals and lots of live butterflies". We then headed to the Benjamin Franklin museum, the U.S. mint, and the Edgar Allen Poe House. Later in the day, we went and tried Jim's cheese steaks, and watched Julia climb the Rocky Steps! She seriously climbed ALL of them!

Saturday, Kevin and Robert woke up early in the morning and rode their bikes all the way to the Rocky Steps! This has been a dream for Kevin since we moved here!




When they got back, we drove to Valley Forge and then took a quick trip to Amish Town where I bought some of my favorite jam ever. Melarie bought a sample pack of jam and some rasberry honey! Later that night, I made some homemade bread so we could try some of the stuff we bought and it was GOOD! Nothing is better than freshly made homemade bread and Amish made jam and honey! We also played Uno, and I lost every game. I later found out that no one was playing the game right and that we had some cheaters. But, it was still fun!

3 comments:

Jaymie and Justin said...

Wow! Cycling all the way from Chestnut Hill to the art museum? That's impressive! That homemade bread with honey sounds delicious!

Melarie Wheat said...

I'm just impressed Kevin was able to ride his bike and film at the same time

mini-wheats said...

Hahaha! Those videos crack me up!