Monday, August 30, 2010

This deserves it's own post

About a week after Grandpa Chuck's Funeral, Kevin's brother Robert, his wife, Melarie, and Julia came to town for the weekend to visit Philadelphia. The real reason they came out was because the Dodger's were playing the Phillies and Robert is a HUGE Dodger's fan! So, he invited us to the game, and thank heavens he did!

At the beginning of the game, The Dodgers were doing awesome. The Dodgers made 3 runs in the first inning. And the other innings weren't looking too good for us Philly fans.Robert was really into the game at this point. If you don't know me very well, I can get kind of competitive, but my parents always taught me to handle losing well, so I was really trying not to shout "GO PHILLIES" and soak in the fact that we were probably going to lose this game. Towards the middle part of the game, I had finally gotten to the point to where I didn't care if we lost, I was just looking forward for dip and dots! By the 7th inning the score was Dodgers 6 Phillies 2


Then the eighth inning came around. The top of the eighth inning, the Dodgers made 3 more runs and my hope of us winning was pretty dismal. But the Phillies didn't disappoint. At the bottom of the eighth inning they made 4 runs. So now the score was Dodgers 9 Phillies 6. The crowd was really starting to get crazy and Robert was surprised that we got that many runs in one inning. I was thinking..."Awesome, at least we won't be complete losers if we lose this game." By this time, the game was definitely worth it because Kevin and I were able to eat our ice cream. At one point I remember telling Melarie that I hope we didn't tie this game so we weren't there all night, but inside I was thinking..."that will never happen. The Dodgers are going to win this game."


The next inning came around and the crowd was SUPER loud! The game was getting really exciting. I've never heard a crowd cheer for their team as loud as it was that night. The Phillies were able to shut out the Dodgers at the top of the ninth inning and when the bottom of the ninth came it got REALLY wild! We made 4 more runs!!!! This meant we had beat the Dodgers! Dodgers 9 Phillies 10 It was the best game Kevin and I had ever been to! Robert later said it was the worst one he had ever been to. Thanks Robert and Melarie for taking us to the game! We do feel a little bad that it ended up being such a bummer of a game for you though. I really do mean that! Sorry if I rubbed it in a little, we just really enjoyed this game!

Here are some videos of the best two innings of the game!



If you hear something that sounds like booing...it is actually the crowd shouting "Ruiz" he is the player that made our winning run!

1 comment:

Melarie Wheat said...

and I am glad they got that last run so we didn't we didn't have to stay for overtime!