Monday, October 11, 2010

Update!

It's been awhile since I have been in the mood to blog, and to be honest...I'm not even really in the mood now but I thought I should at least update you all so that you know we are still alive and things are good.

The past month has been pretty busy for Kevin and I. Kevin is back in the grind of school, and I have found things to occupy my time while he is gone. I am going to learn how to quilt with a friend in the ward, planning a baby shower for another friend in the ward, working, and exercising A LOT! I have always wanted to be the kind of person that loves to get out and exercise and eat healthy, but I was never really raised that way so it can be hard sometimes. So far, I have lost 5 pounds! I know some of you may be thinking, "What? You're not fat!" I don't think I am fat, but I have gained a lot of weight throughout the years because I didn't watch what I ate, or how much, and I wasn't as active as I used to be. So over the years I have gained about 10 to 15 pounds. I used to be very thin, but I ate all the time. So don't think I was unhealthily thin. I am just a petite, short, person. To be honest, even though I have lost five pounds, I don't think I look different at all, except now I don't have to buy new jeans! :)

The other reason I have been working out like crazy is because I have symptoms of PCOS. This affects my fertility and increases the risk of cancer and diabetes. Exercise can sometimes cure or help this, so until I see my doctor this month, I have been working out a lot more. Fortunately, it has helped with some of the issues I have had.

So, Kevin and I have kept busy, but we are enjoying it at the same time. So that's that! Until next time. Maybe I will post again very soon.

2 comments:

The Flemings said...

Ellen, I feel your pain. I just started accupunture therapy today. I also need to lose about 15 lbs. I'm sure that would help me with my PCOS. I think you have just inspired me to get my hiney into gear. good luck at the Dr's!

Jaymie and Justin said...

Good for you! It's hard to lose weight (not that you need to), but it's always good to be healthier & I hope it helps with fertility!