...there was a young man named, Kevin. He was curious, adventurous, and was on a quest for searching for the woman of his dreams in the magical land of Rexburg, Idaho.
He courted many of maidens, only to find that they were not his cup of tea. As he courted one particular maiden, on the first Sunday of the Spring semester, Kevin spotted a lovely lady leading the music in his singles ward. At that instant, he knew he could have something better in his life. He made the quest back to his homeland, and dumped the maiden he was courting in order to pursue his vision of better things.

Weeks, and months went by...Kevin was still infatuated with the lovely lady in his singles ward, known as Ellen. However, many a lad also were in pursue of her, and she herself was on the quest of looking for a companion she could enjoy eternal life with. Kevin and Ellen became good acquaintances during those months, but continued to court others. Some days, Kevin would come over to Ellen's manor to enjoy a conversation with her and her friends. Ellen enjoyed Kevin's company...but unfortunately, was busy with her studies and was fighting off an ex-suitor.

(Kevin lost a game, and had to feed me!)
As the Spring semester came to an end, Kevin journeyed to the land of Seattle, while Ellen journeyed home before the breaking of a new semester. Kevin labored hard, aerating and thatching lawns with his trusted, friend, Scottie. At night, they would lie down and talk about their goals, aspirations, and all the lovely maidens back at BYU-Idaho. One night, Kevin decided that he was going to court Ellen when he got back to BYU-Idaho. He remembered the first day he saw her, and envisioned their lives together.
When he got back to BYU-Idaho, he asked Ellen if she would accompany him on a hike up to "R" mountain with a bunch of other couples. Ellen accepted this request, and they both had a lovely time eating ice cream, hiking, talking, and having a crazy photo shoot. At one point, Ellen wanted to make sure Kevin knew that she was praying about going on a mission, so he wouldn't waste his time with her. Kevin was very disappointed, but made sure they both had a good time anyway. (Extra: On the way down "R" mountain, lady Ellen was having a difficult time getting down, so Kevin extended his hand to help her. Immediately, she felt chemistry with him, but tried to put it out of her mind knowing she could be leaving on a mission).



(Having a nice chat...perhaps when I broke it to him that I wanted to serve a mission?)

(The way to my heart, must be my stomach!)
As mentioned, the young lady, Ellen was praying on whether she should go on a mission. She was tired of suitors who weren't qualified enough to be the man she desired for herself and a future family. During a holiday break, she received her answer in a dream. In the dream she was with a group of faceless friends. She talked to them about leaving on a mission, and how disappointed she was with the men who had courted her before. The group of faceless people said, "Don't go on a mission. Your eternal companion is here waiting for you, but you have to search for him."
Ellen woke up confused...So she prayed again, and received confirmation that she should continue pursuing the man of her dreams.

One Sunday, Kevin taught a lesson in Sunday school about receiving answers to prayers. Ellen made a comment on how she received an answer to a prayer about not going on a mission (but didn't mention the dream part, her continued search for an eternal companion, or what answer the Lord had given her...mainly that she had been praying and had received an answer...). Kevin's ears perked up, as he listened to her share. Ellen had completely forgotten she had told Kevin of her plan to go on a mission on their date.
After Sunday school, as Ellen was preparing the room for Relief Society, Kevin came up to her and asked her what her answer was for going on a mission. She replied that she had felt like the Lord wanted her to stay at BYU-Idaho and continue her studies. She watched Kevin's face light up. Kevin was ecstatic, but tried to walk out the room without making a scene.

Later that night, Kevin decided ask Ellen if he could take her on another date. During Ward prayer (every Sunday we had a thing called ward prayer...basically a time where everyone met together talked, flirted, had someone give the prayer, and then write notes to each other that were later sent door to door that night), he wrote a little note to her asking her to a school dance. When Ellen got home, she read the note, and a few minutes later Kevin personally asked her if she would accompany him to this formal dance. She accepted the invitation gladly.

A couple hours later, an ex- suitor that had been calling and visiting Ellen called her on the phone. He often called her or made visits hoping that their "friendship" would turn back into something more. Ellen was concerned for Kevin.
"What if this man were to visit or call when Kevin comes to pick me up for the dance?" Ellen thought to herself.
She was worried Kevin would be afraid, confused, or threatened by him and end his intentions of courting Ellen. So, she told her ex-suitor about Kevin and how much she admired him. Her ex- suitor began to grow angry. She continued to tell him that she wanted to see what would happen if she were to date Kevin, and she thought it would be best if he didn't come over or call anymore. In his fury, he yelled at Ellen, and hung up the phone. This confirmed to Ellen, that this was not someone she wanted around her or Kevin.

.....................................................................................
TO BE CONTINUED!
9 comments:
This is very fun!! When Greg proposed to me he did the same thing, only in not so much detail. It is fun to have a fairy tale story. I look forward to reading the rest.
ooooh the fairy tale details we never knew! I am anxiously awaiting the rest of the story. :)
I was your roommate and I am now your sister in law.
and I didn't know any of this.
You left me hanging! I know the end of the story but I am curious to hear what happened in between :)
Yes, Lauren, but you weren't my roommate when we first started dating...therefore...you didn't know the whole first part of the story! ;)
Oh i know this story! I love this story! Ellen you are so creative! I cant wait to read the rest...even tho i know what happens!! haha
I don't know if you remember me, but I was in your single's ward waaay back. I saw you announce your blog on Facebook, and I stop in every so often. Just so you know, I am loving this story and am in total suspense to hear the end! =)
This is cute and very funny! I have heard bits and pieces of this story, but not all the details. Sounds like you and Kevin both had quite active dating lives at BYU-I!
Rachel, I do remember you! I remember thinking how cute you were! Feel free to add me to your blog so you don't feel like you're stalking me ;)
Post a Comment