Saturday, May 28, 2011

Pentagon Memorial/Air Force

I'll make this quick cuz I have two more loaves of bread to make and I am DONE FOREVER with this fundraiser!

Later in the afternoon, after everyone had a nap.:) we all went to look at the Pentagon Memorial and Air Force Memorial before Kevin's brother Robert got home from work!


















One thing we learned about the Pentagon Memorial, was that depending on which direction the bench pointed to was where that victim was killed. So if the bench was pointing towards the pentagon, they died in the pentagon, if the bench was pointing in the opposite direction, they were on the plane that hit the pentagon.



One quote that I really liked at the Air force memorial (which kind of explains why they have a memorial) was by President George W. Bush...

"A soldier can walk the battlefields where he once fought; a Marine can walk the beaches he once stormed; but an Airman can never visit the patch of sky he raced across on a mission to defend freedom," the President said. "And so it's fitting that, from this day forward, the men and women of the Air Force will have this memorial, a place here on the ground that recognizes their achievements and sacrifices in the skies above."













I loved their 6 values as well! Anyway, that was out trip! We had so much fun visiting family! It's always refreshing when we get to see family on our days away from Philly! We can't wait to spend more time with them when we leave next year!

1 comment:

Jaymie and Justin said...

I liked seeing the memorial when we went to the Pentagon. I like that quote from Pres. Bush!