Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Happy Birthday, Kevin!

He had a Birthday shout hooray!
We got to sing to him Sunday!
One year older and wiser too,
Happy Birthday.... KEVIN!

Kevin had a birthday on Sunday so of course we celebrated all weekend! Friday, a friend and I planned a little surprise party at the park for him and her husband, Jeff! It was great! Kevin had NO idea the party was for him because I kept telling him I was helping my friend Annalisa plan the party for Jeff. I couldn't have planned a better surprise for someone by myself!



It was a great day to throw a party too! The weather was perfect. Not too hot, not too cold! It was great being able to spend some time with our friends in the ward as well! We rarely get to do this with school as busy as it is and church is just as busy!

Saturday, we chilled at home and I made the last couple of loaves for our fundraiser!!!! Can you believe its done? Hallelujah!!! It was a hot day so it wasn't easy slaving around in the kitchen with the hot oven blaring, but I managed to make a cheesecake for Kevin's birthday for sunday and dinner as well! So, I pretty much hung out in the kitchen all day. Oh...we also went swimming in the pool later that night to cool off! It was GREAT!



Sunday, turned out to actually be a day of rest for once! We had NO Young Women show up for church (probably because of the holiday weekend)...so I got to go to Relief Society and enjoy myself! It was nice not having to think about everything that I needed to say or do that day.

After church, Kevin and I skyped with some family, and headed over to our friend's, The Jesters for dinner and cheesecake! Dinner was delicious, and the cheesecake turned out well (especially for my first one).

For Kevin's birthday he got a new computer, two new pairs of glasses, a movie and the cheesecake he requested me to make! What a lucky guy!

Yesterday for memorial day, we got some things done around the apartment, worked out together, went swimming (and got burnt in 94 degree weather 100% humidity!), studied, and went to another birthday party!

This weekend was great....now to buckle down and get back to real life!

1 comment:

Jaymie and Justin said...

Yeah Sunday dinner was so good! I don't think that I told you that Justin & I ate the cheesecake pieces you left about 5 mins after you left. We couldn't wait! It was so good!