Monday, May 23, 2011

Quick visit/Mt. Vernon

Kevin had a little break in between semester last week, so we decided to do a quick trip to Virginia to visit with his family.

The first day we got there, Mel took us to a cool park by their house that just so happens to be a civil war fort. (Sorry Mel, I forgot what the park was called). It had a cool little museum, and outside we could look at the fort, and then a place for kids to play. There were a lot of runners there too! It was neat!




I have to say! This little girl is pretty darn cute! She wasn't even shy when we first were picked up from the bus station! She seemed excited to see us! And she loved "Unc-ah Kev-ah"!


Firing the canon!


Having a ball on the swings! She's so cute!

Later that night, we played a riveting game of Settler's and of course...Rob Dawg won! It was a great game though!

In the morning, we rushed out the door to visit Mt. Vernon! If you have never heard of Mt. Vernon, it is George Washington's estate/ farm. George Washington once said that "there is no estate perfectly situated than this". And I would have to agree! I would LOVE to live at Mt. Vernon!


The estate from the front!

* We were not allowed to take pictures inside, so almost all the pictures I took were outside! (And these were all taken with my phone so ignore the quality)


Can you see the ocean in the background! the best of two worlds...country farm life, and the ocean!





So that is a little taste of Mt. Vernon! I have a TON of pictures left and more stories to tell so you will have to wait! It's a busy week and I have already wasted time trying to download workout music so I'll actually want to run this week!

Sigh...already miss being away from Philly!

1 comment:

Melarie Wheat said...

Glad you guys could come visit! We had a fun time. BTW, the name of the park was Fort Ward.