I hate blogging without pictures, but since Kevin and I have been super busy, I haven't figured out how to upload our pictures on our new computer. I tried once, but Kevin said I wasn't doing it right...(I was just putting in a sim card in like I did with the old computer... I hate technology, why can't they keep things the same and simple?)
Anyway, a couple of weeks ago (if you haven't already seen the pictures on facebook...don't ask why I can't get them on here), Kevin and I went to Boston for a weekend trip. It was such a great get-away trip from Philly! I love Philadelphia and all the friends we have made here, but sometimes it just feels good to get away from all the stuff we have to do and just have fun together.
Our first stop was the Boston Temple. It was such a gorgeous temple. Probably one of the prettiest here on the East coast. Kevin and I both agreed that this was our favorite part of the Boston Trip. Ever since we were engaged, Kevin and I have tried to make it a habit and tradition that we visit the temple as often as we can. It has been such a blessing in our marriage, and I hope that we can live at least 60 minutes away from one when we settle down. When we left the temple, we counted every temple we have ever gone to ( Rexburg, Denver, SLC, Seattle, Columbia River, Palmyra, L.A., Manhattan, Portland, Idaho Falls, Spokane, D.C., Boston). I can only imagine what the list will look like when we have been married for 50 years.
After the temple, we visit Salem, Massachusetts. We went to the Salem Witch Museum, walked around the 2nd to oldest cemetery in the nation, and ate at a great Mexican restaurant! Then we headed to our hotel early and enjoyed just hanging out!
The next day, we woke up early and started the Freedom trail! This seriously took all day, but it was great seeing some of the sites and learning new added information. Luckily, we were doing an audio tour, so we were able to take a break and meet up with a friend of Kevin's and eat lunch at Lagrassa's! If you ever go to Boston, GO TO LAGRASSA's! It was seriously the best sandwich I have ever had! We also got a cannoli from Mike's Pastry!
The Saturday before we left, Kevin and I decided to go to the aquarium. We had heard great things about the aquarium in Boston, and we figured it would be a good time to ditch the crowds because "The Bruin's" fans were celebrating a Stanley Cup Victory. Luckily the aquarium wasn't very busy. It was also pretty neat! We had a great time there out of the sun. When we headed out though, the streets were packed and chaotic. It was neat to see the city so proud though. We decided it would be best to check out Harvard (away from the city again) to let the place die down a bit before heading back for dinner.
We took a tour of Harvard's campus and learned a lot of interesting facts....such as how Cambridge convinced Harvard to put a gigantic fire station in the middle of their campus, pranks done at Harvard, and why you should never rub the shoe on the statue of "John Harvard" for good luck. It was surprisingly, more interesting than we thought it was going to be.
Our final night in Boston, we went to "The Salty Dog" for Sea food and enjoyed a little night life downtown. When we drove home we talked a little more about our favorite parts of the trip. We both agreed that the temple was probably the best part, and I am so glad that we made that our first stop.
It was a great trip, and Kevin and I were so glad we were able to go down there and spend quality time together. We both came back feeling ready to tackle life again!
1 comment:
That's cool you took a tour of Harvard. We just looked at the campus.
Post a Comment