Friday, July 15, 2011

Last two externships!

Today I was feeling tired of all the craziness that happens here in Philadelphia and felt the need to pack all my stuff up and get ready to leave. I'm just exhausted...in some ways I'm grateful because I feel like I am actually starting to look forward to our externships now! Before, I was dreading them because they are all about 3 months (with the exception of the first one...that's 4 months) and I was concerned about making friends and not having anything to do. It's not easy making friends and then having to leave right after you make them.

After a long grocery shopping trip, Kevin text messaged me that we got our last two externships. I thought this was a bit strange since we still don't know what our second or third externship will be, but whatever. So we officially know that our last two externships will be in...



White River, Arizona (Indian Health Service site) in the Winter of 2013

and...




San Jose, California!!! This will be in the Spring of 2013

It feels so nice to have a better idea of where we will be going for these last two externships. The good part about the Arizona site is that we will get free housing as well! Woo hoo! We are very excited, and anxious for this new chapter of graduate school! I feel like I can see a light at the end of the tunnel! :)

6 comments:

Elaine said...

YAY!!! That's so exciting!!

The Flemings said...

this is so exciting for you guys. I will be crossing my fingers for Colorado. We will miss you dearly here, but this is an exciting time for you guys.

Annalisa said...

HORRAY!! SO happy for you! San Jose is pretty. Jeff and I drove through it last summer. His friend LOVES it there. A change will be good for you... a little sigh of relief.

Sarah said...

Woohoo! That's great news!

Jaymie and Justin said...

Yay! Free housing in Arizona? Nice!

Brittany Shore said...

Ellen that's so great! Woohoo for free housing! I'm glad to hear that everything turned out well.