Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Sweetest Place on Earth

REUNITED! Finally, after a month of us being apart, Kevin and I reunited in Philadelphia for a day! We went out to eat and stayed the night at a hotel by my doctors office so I could get 4months of thyroid medication.

The next day, we went to our storage unit, packed our car up and headed to Lancaster or the home of the Pennsylvania dutch. WE have been there before, but we really wanted to see Hershey, Pennsylvania before we made our way to Virginia. So we stayed a night in Lancaster.

The next day, we drove about 30 miles to Hershey. When we went to the Hershey factory we realized how expensive it was. At the ticket counter they have a bunch of packaged deals like, "Create your own candy bar", watch a 3d movie, and the Factory tour (free, plus other things that cost a lot more. We decided that the price wasn't worth making our own candy bar and the 3d movie looked like it was more for kids, so we opted to just do a free tour of the factory.





I was not expecting the tour to be so fun! It kind of reminded me of a ride at Disney land. There were dancing singing cows, and displays on how they make their candy bars. It was a neat little ride. To be honest, I kind of wanted to go on it again. I'm a dork I know. At the end of the tour, we got 3 pebbles of chocolate. I was kind of disappointed by that. BUT....





As we walked out of the tour, a lady stopped us and asked Kevin and I if we wanted to do a taste test. OF COURSE! Free chocolate? HECK YES! So, she took us in this little room, gave us some crackers to cleanse our palette, and then gave us a KING SIZED KIT KAT to sample. The survey was done on some touch pads, and I was surprised that the questions were really basic. It pretty much just asked us how much we like Kit Kats and how often did we eat them. When we were done, she gave us each a King Sized Hershey bar for participating! We were both very content with that!



The rest of our time at the Hershey Factory we just walked around and looked at the crazy souvenirs!




Afterwards, we decided to go see a Auto Museum. This was actually my favorite part of Hershey, PA. The museum was well done. I'm not that interested in cars, but the way they displayed everything made it very interesting and fun! They had a bunch of cool old displays that was fun for taking pictures at!


(This car is SWEET!)



4 comments:

Denise said...

what can I say, SWEET! love ya, MOM

Celeste said...

I've totally been there! I was only like 7 or something but I still remember the Hershey's factory very clearly! YUM! Looks like fun.

Holly said...

I can't believe you were in Philly and we didn't see you! Looks like you had fun in Hershey. I've done the tour before, and it is totally like Disneyland! It's funny that all the chocolate there is cheaper at your local walmart.

Annalisa said...

I am so glad it was fun for you two! I liked it a lot when I went awhile ago. I like your Christmas boots in all your pictures :) What did Kevin end up getting? So since it's been cold and snowing here, maybe we can go to the beach together this summer... now that the seasons are all straightened up ;) Haha. From your posts it looks like you're having fun. Good for you! We'll see you in a few months!
Ps. I didn't watch the episode yet when I saw your text so I knew ahead of time that he was keeping Courtney. What a bust. Over Emily? Are you for real? I like Emily. It's been an interesting season. K I'll stop this essay. ttyl