Saturday, February 4, 2012

January

Its been awhile and I need to catchup with a bunch of posts this week.

First off, we are here in Virginia (right outside D.C.) staying with Kevin's brother's family. We are so grateful to have family here and that they are willing to house us for two months! Things have been great so far.

Anyway, January... it was a crazy month for birthdays for both Kevin's side and my side. there were 5 birthdays in all and 3 of them were within 2 days within each other.

I was staying with my mom for the month of Jan. while Kevin was taking a prep class for boards in Philly, so I was lucky enough to be able to celebrate my niece's birthday with her. She turned 7 this year.

To celebrate, my sister thought it would be fun to go out and get manicures/ pedicures.





(Kind of off topic) I had mentioned to my sister during the week I was staying with her that I really needed to stop biting my nails because I was worried I was ruining my teeth. I have tried almost everything...the nasty stuff you put on your fingers, fake nails from target, trying to replace the habit,etc. Anyway, she suggested that I get acrylics because they last longer. So I talked to Kevin about it, and we both decided that this is what I need to do to protect my teeth and to stop a horrible habit. it costs a little more money, but its worth it in the long run if I can protect my teeth.

So, while everyone got manicures and pedicures, I got acrylics. I asked the lady to make them really short because I hate long nails, and she kind of did, but they are growing out already (its been two weeks) and they are starting to bug me. I guess I need to buy a nail filer and find the same nail polish so that I can keep this up. The good thing is that is forced me to learn how to crochet the right way, which is a lot faster than how I was doing it before.

After we got our nails done, we went to Red Robin (their turkey burger was AWESOME). And then we went home to watch my niece open presents! It was a lot of fun hanging out with the girls!

No comments: