~PART ONE- BOARDS AND CAR TROUBLE~
Well I haven't blogged for a LONG time. For good reason though....Kevin took two boards at the end of the summer so I was in charge of keeping things together at home so he wouldn't stress out as much. Right after his first board in Philly, we stuffed our car with everything we have right now, and drove 7 hrs towards Charlotte, NC until our transmission went out. Fortunately, we were able to drive the last hour to our hotel and make it to the auto shop the next morning to get it replaced. Kevin had planned on studying for his clinical board that night, but since we got in so late because of the car that didn't happen.
The next morning, Kevin turned in the car (just a couple of blocks away from our hotel) and practiced all of his steps on me in the hotel lobby (we were kicked out of our hotel at 12 and had to go to another one later that night because the one we were staying at was going to cost us $200 for another night). So we got a lot of interesting looks in the lobby, but I didn't care much. I just wanted Kevin to pass his board!
When Kevin came back from taking his clinical board, I was relieved to hear that he felt VERY confident he passed! He said his school had over prepared him for this board.
We had to stay in a hotel an extra night because our car wasn't going to be done till the next morning (this put us a whole day off our driving plans, which meant we would be getting in the day before my brother's wedding!) This terrified me because we have been having a lot of car problems and I didn't want to MISS MY BROTHERS WEDDING! Not to mention, we had all our stuff in the back of the car so I didn't want to have to deal with taking everything out and trying to get another car at the last minute if worse came to worse.
Fortunately, the rest of the drive was fairly calm. We did have one moment of panic however, when we made a stop at a gas station for 5 minutes and came back to our car not starting, and our key wouldn't budge in the ignition. Thankfully, it started in a few minutes, but we decided to drive to our hotel that day with/out making any more stops because we didn't want to have any more car problems.
~PART TWO- DAVID AND KELSEY GET MARRIED!~
WE FINALLY MADE IT TO COLORADO! The night before my brother's wedding, we scrambled around trying to help my mom get things done, ironed our clothes that were smashed in the car, and had some ice cream with the bride's family. Kevin and I slept well that night knowing we had made it!
The next day was a ton of fun! I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story.
I love Kelsey's RED HAIR!
The happy Mr. and Mrs. Barrett
My cousin, Kade and my Grandpa Doughman.
The Barrett's
The whole fam! Minus my older brother and his wife. They just had a baby. And my older Sister and her family moved to England a week before.
We went to Maggiano's for lunch. Our family has a tradition that you have to sing your love song to your new spouse. If you do well, you earn a little money. My dad caught them off guard. They decided to sing, "Island in the Sun" by Weezer because that was the first song David sang to Kelsey in the car on the way to Prom.
Kev and I enjoying lunch and time out of the car!!! :)
I love this picture! The kids loved being around the bride and groom! They were celebrities for sure!
I just love this pic of my grandma Doughman! We rarely get a good picture of her because she hates the camera! My uncle took this when she wasn't looking!
The reception was held in the backyard! It was GORGEOUS! Kelsey's family worked SO hard to put lights up all over the backyard! She had two other sister's get married that summer, so they tried to make the backyard different for each girl! Kelsey was the last of the sister's to get married this summer. Her parents deserve a vacation!
They love each other! We're SO happy for them both!
~PART THREE- Revenge on David!~
Kevin and I were in charge of decorating David's car. We wanted to make sure no one did anything too crazy to it because we have heard horror stories of other people's car's being trashed. We didn't do too much to it. We decorated the windows, put some "Just Married" magnets on the bumper, and filled the car with balloons. All day I had been working on a plan to get even on David. You have to know the background story to understand though...
When I was in high school, I had a pile of coats that hung on my door in my bedroom. A lot of times these coats would fall on the floor and I would just have a pile of coats and jackets at my door.
One night, I had just gotten done getting ready for bed, and washing my face in the bathroom. I switched off my light for my bedroom, closed the door so it was very dark, and hopped into bed. I lied down trying to sleep for awhile when I heard a deep, masculine voice say...
"Whatcha Doin?"
Immediately, I jumped out of bed and bolted to the stairs and was screaming like mad! I was practically crying and screaming for my dad. My mom and dad were downstairs and asking what was going on! I remember trying to get the words out to my dad that there was some guy in my room! Then I turn around, and I see David hunched over laughing to tears! He had hidden under the pile of coats in my room by the door before I got into my room. He had planned on jumping out, but once I turned off the light he had figured he would just wait until I got into bed. I was furious! I have NEVER, EVER been so terrified in my life! And since then, I have still yet to be that terrified!
SOOOO...before David and Kelsey headed to their car to leave for their honeymoon, Kevin helped me hide under the balloons in David's car. I sat waiting for them to come for what felt like 5 minutes, but it may have been shorter. During that time, I was having some regrets about sitting in their car. I didn't want to scare Kelsey! I like her a lot. This was about David. However, I was already lying in their car with a bunch of balloons on me so there was no backing out now. Because of all the ballons, I had a hard time breathing. The longer I waited, the more anxious I was for them to get in the car so I could breathe again! FINALLY, Kelsey got in the car and I thought David had too. I weakly said,
"Whatcha Doin?" However, no one seemed to have heard me, so I tried saying it again louder...
"WHATCHA DOIN?" Then I hear Kelsey say to David,
"They're in the car, get them out, get them OUT!!!!"
I sit up and say hi to Kelsey, as David grabs my arms and pulls me out of the car. Once I'm out of the car, I look at David and say, "Whatcha doin?" since he obviously didn't catch it before. He laughs and says, "Get out of here rascal!" as he hops in his car and drives away w/ his new bride!
I don't think I will ever really be able to terrify David as much as he scared me that night, but it was fun trying anyway...and I definitely, left them with some memories! :)
So that was the wedding in a nutshell. The pictures were taken by my uncle. But Kelsey had a photographer there as well, so I may put more pics up later if I am allowed! :) I love weddings! It was great to see so many friends and family!













2 comments:
I love this! Im so happy for david and kelsey! They look so happy! as for your revenge, that is hilarious, i can picture the entire thing. especially since it reminds me of the other time there was "a man in our house" good times!
What a beautiful bride and groom and reception. And your stunt at the end was awesome! Made me laugh so hard!
Post a Comment