I'm starting to wonder if I even enjoy blogging anymore...but because I would like some kind of record of this crazy madness, that is my life I figured I should.
So we are now on our second to last externship! WOO HOO!!! We are living with Kevin's brother and sister-in-law plus two kids in order to save some money! Lucky them!!! Right?
They have been kind enough to kick their three year old son out of his room so we could have some space and have made us more than comfortable! We have enjoyed spending time with them and catching up on their lives.
Kevin started his externship with an Ophthalmologist almost as soon as we got here! It has been a bit crazy working with him because we had a few surprises, but he has enjoyed it nonetheless. He has been able to see a lot of cool things and watch him do surgeries. Due to Obamacare...aka Medicaid and Medicare being used more, this Dr. is SUPER busy! He never takes a lunch break because he has so many patients he has to meet with and is often 2 hrs behind schedule. So due to this...Kevin started having early mornings and late evenings. However, he has been able to get off earlier lately because he has a board he has to take next week. The other bummer thing about the externship is that Kevin rarely gets to do anything. Kevin has been used to seeing a ton of patients himself, but here is only able to shadow. There are other Optometrists at the clinic, but he still rarely gets to practice. So, that has been kind of a bummer. Other than that, he really has enjoyed the place.
Almost as soon as we got here, I started looking for retail jobs. Obviously, it has been hard to find jobs for 3 months at a time...but I figured this would be the BEST time to get a retail job because of the holiday season! Fortunately, I was blessed to find two great jobs that are willing to work with my schedule. I now work at "The Children's Place" and "Eddie Bauer"!!! I love working at both of these places! It has been great so far! It has also been nice to have my own thing lately. I don't know if that makes sense or anything, but its been great to be able to have something to do! At our last externship...I had a job as well, but it didn't last for very long because it was VERY temporary work. I only worked there for 2 weeks!
Other than that...we've just been living the everyday externship life. Living out of our suitcase. The good news is...we have found a place to live in San Jose. We will be living with an older couple there, and she is only going to charge us $250 a month! We have truly been so blessed with our living situations for all of these externships...and I know this one is just going to fly by because we are both fairly busy for this one. We will already have been here for a month in about a week!
So that's our life. Ignore any errors in this post! I am too lazy right now to edit and proof-read! I didn't even feel like blogging...but I forced myself to do it! :)
And there will be no pics for this one...because that is a chore! If you care...follow my instagram bar05006...I have been enjoying that lately!
2 comments:
I'm SO glad that you were able to find 2 jobs!!! Sounds like this might be the best externship yet. I miss you :)
$250 a month? That is a steal!
Post a Comment