Saturday, February 9, 2008

Rexburg Temple Celebration


Yesterday night Ellen and I went to the Rexburg Temple Celebration dress rehearsal in the Hart gym. A couple of Ellen's friends sang in it. It was a lot of fun and there was a couple of times where both Ellen and I almost cried. They depicted the saints settling in the valley and the history of the people in Rexburg all the way up until today when the Rexburg Temple is going to be dedicated this weekend. There is a lot of wheat inside the temple so one of the main themes for the celebration is wheat. "Remember your a Wheat, not a tare". Our favorite part was the little kids that participated in the dances. Ellen got there really early and saved us amazing seats, they were pretty much exactly where the Prophet will be seated tonight. We have heard officially that President Monson and President Eyring will be up here with many other leaders in the church. Ellen and I get to watch the 2pm broadcast of the dedication tomorrow and we are both really excited to have a temple so close for our last year here at school. We already have a couple of appointments to go through it and we will most likely do baptisms for the dead whenever we find the time because they are open for walk in baptisms at anytime.

4 comments:

linda barrett said...

Ah, The wagon box prophecy. Aren't you glad that the weather was tempered! I can't imagine what it was like before!

mini-wheats said...

I loved the two year old boys dancing, on his stick horse! It was way cute! I am glad we got to watch the rehearsal live, because there would have been a lot of things the camera's would not be able to capture broadcasted!

Gibbles N Bit said...

Yay for Temples!!!
and for Wheat. Hollah!

Unknown said...

What a neat celebration to watch. WE SO WANTED TO BE THERE! Thanks for sharing about it. And enjoy the time you have being there next to the temple!