Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Wheat takes the OAT!!!!


This weekend, Kevin is going to finally take the Optometry admissions test (OAT), and I am SOOO excited to have my husband back!!!! He has been working very hard and I am proud of him! Every morning, he gets up, eats breakfast, gets ready and studys non stop till about 12:00 p.m. at night!!!!!! That's more hours I have ever heard of anyone studying for these tests here! I calculated how many hours he studied one day, and I got 15 hours!!!! So, as you can see... we are excited for this test! Keep praying for us, it's helping!!!!


After Kevin takes his test, we are getting on a plane and heading for L.A.!!! We are SOOOO excited to finally get away this summer and spend time with some of Kevin's family! We will spending a week there. We've made plans to go to Disney Land with some of his family, see the stars at Hollywood (the ones on the sidewalk), go to the beach, go to the L.A. temple, and Kevin and I are going to see "Wicked!!!!!" By the way, I tried reading the book, and I wouldn't suggest it! There were A LOT of parts that I had to skip over, and eventually I had to just stop reading it! However, My mother watched the play and said she thought the musical was pretty clean! So, if you are thinking about reading this book to your kids, I suggest you rethink! Kevin also has plans to visit two optometry schools there!

Anyway...that's a little update! We are leaving for Utah tomorrow, because he's taking his test there! We wanted to make sure we left in advance in case our car broke down or something crazy like that! So wish us luck!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck KEV! All your studying will pay off. You guys will love your week in LA. Miss you and wish we could have seen you here.

*I also heard the same thing about the book, Wicked. The play everyone loves so I think you will be good!

Allison said...

Good Luck Kevin!!! I hope you do well. All is going great here in Cleveland at Foot school. :) Take care.

Jay Harris

Mike and Kelly said...

YEah the book is horrible. Good luck Kevin. Have fun on your much deserved vacation.