We're back! Actually we've been back for about a week...but as many of you know, school has started again which meant we didn't have much time to blog about our week in California! I won't go into too much detail because that could take forever, and bore you. However, here is a list of things we did and a video of our vacation! The video might not be in order of how we did things but you get the point!
*Went to the beach (it was overcast but still TONS of fun!)
*Rode the Waterbus right as the sun was setting…it was beautiful!
*Did a session at the L.A. Temple and was a witness couple for the first time!
*Saw "Wicked" for the first time. VERY good musical....MUCH BETTER THAN THE BOOK!
*Went to the American Girl store! i couldn't help it! I'm still a little girl at heart! It was SO cool, and well worth the trip!
*Visit two Optometry schools! We really liked SCCO (Southern California's College of Optometry) We were both very impressed with the school and people there!
*Visit Grandpa Wheat...It was a nice visit with Tito's tacos included
*Helped Melarie and Robert (My brother and sister-in-law) on their new house! It was sure fun too!!!!
*And last but not least, we went to Disneyland, and Club 33!
AS you can see, we had a very good time surrounded by family, with lots of fun things to do!
Today, we went to our new ward (Our ward was split and we gained a whole bunch of new people!)…For those of you who may have heard rumors of me being the new Relief Society President , (the Bishop confused me apparently he only wanted me to be the President for two weeks until he picked the new President! LONG STORY) I have received a much more enjoyable calling! I am now a Nursery teacher! I was sustained today, and love my new calling! Everyone kept telling me that Nursery was awful, but it really wasn’t that bad! I thought the kids were GREAT! There were a few tantrums, but watching the kids pray and listen to the lesson made it worth it! And who doesn’t like dance party’s after a Sunday lesson?

3 comments:
Great recap of CA! I have been checking your blog for this :) You two are so cute together and we miss you like crazy! Good luck with the new semester, and Nursery is oh so fun, you will do awesome! Someday I would like to hear that long RS story.
Looks like a great trip. I hope the nursery treats you well. All I have to say is...Purell. That rhymed. Use it once they come in and right before snack. It will keep you healthier during that calling. Have fun.
Thanks the the help! And nursery has been my all time favorite calling! The kids are so sweet, even when they are being not so sweet they are still kind of funny. =) Good luck!
Post a Comment