Thursday, October 9, 2008

Woo HOOO!!!

So, I have a couple ear training tests that I would like to brag about! My first test was a hymn pass-off which is done by a quartet. We have to sing the solfege (do,re,mi,fa,sol,la ti,do) of the notes in a hymn (all parts). I did very well on this and am pretty sure I got an A! My next test was a sight-singing test. I got an A on this as well! And TODAY I got my first dictation exam back (which is where all the scary stuff is at...and I got a B!!!! This has been GREAT improvement for me! I am very proud! I also heard of a new website for music theory that is supposed to be GREAT, and am hoping to check it out soon! Hopefully, it will help me with my ear training class since I am done with theory! Anyway....Kevin doesn't know yet because he's been gone all day, and I called him but he didn't answer...but I can't wait to tell him, and I had to brag about my improvement because I am so happy! Yippee!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You are AWESOME!! Congratulations on great success, we know you worked WAY hard for this. Brag it up girl, you deserve to!

Denise said...

That is wonderful Ellen! I am so happy for you. I know you studied for hard for this, congratulations!

Melarie Wheat said...

Good job! I think all of that sounds extremely difficult so I'm impressed that you can actually understand it =).

Becky said...

Great job! I have an inkling of how hard that would be so I'm way impressed. Much better than I ever did, having dropped out before my Junior year. Congrats Ellen!