Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I hate Rexburg Winters!!!

You know you live in Rexburg, Idaho when you wear three layers of clothing and still your body feels like it won't move when you walk. Not to mention the fact that you can't see where you are going because your contacts start to freeze and dry out.

Today the weather is gruesome! Kevin and I are excited to leave Rexburg winters! The forecast is: -18 degrees overcast, with a -37 degree windchill. While Kevin was driving us to school, the roads were complete ice, and the radio announcer laughed about how all the schools were closed for the day except for BYU-Idaho. Yesterday was pretty bad as well. Last night, Kevin had to scrape the INSIDE of our windshields in order to drive because our breath had frozen from the last time we drove. However, this morning felt colder to me.

Anyway, today should be crazy. I'm carrying three pairs of clothing and shoes everywhere because I have tap dance (I have to wear sweats for that), then I have to change to sing in devotional, and then I have to change again so I don't get food on my dress from Practical Homemakings food rotation. Wish me luck. It could be very embarrassing trying to carry everything I own and slipping on the ice!

3 comments:

Our Happy Family said...

Yeah, we feel the same way. Could it get any colder? I feel like I'm abusing my children when I take them from our house to the car. It is TOO cold outside!!

Sarah said...

Yikes! That is so cold. Well, it won't be too much longer till it warms up and you're gone! Good luck! :)

Melissa said...

I have to say, I definitely don't miss those winters. Good luck with that cold weather.