
This past week has been pretty boring!!! Kevin started school which means I am all alone for awhile until he gets his bike back from the bike shop and I can finally drive around and look for some sort of job! Not only that, but my phone has completely died! It's been hanging on to life for about 6 months now and it has finally given up it's ghost! So I am phoneless, which means I am going out of my mind from not being able to have communication with someone for a LONG time. It also means that I am panicking about losing an opportunity with a job! They said they would give me a phone interview sometime if they were interested. That's pretty much impossible to do without a phone!
My computer also crashed this weekend and I lost all of my pictures from college and music, and other things I tried to save like recipes and stuff! (sigh) It's been a bad week!
The good news is that I have gotten some things organized around here to make life less hectic for when I do find a job. Kevin and I are also going to have our eyes checked at his eye clinic! Kevin's going to try to get contacts for the first time, and he also has to go to find out what his prescription is for class.
I am also starting to enjoy cooking. Maybe it's because I have nothing else to really do, or maybe it's because I am finally getting the hang of reading directions without missing an ingredient! Whatever it is, its made being here at home more eventful, and I actually have something to show Kevin when he gets home rather than the many jobs online that are a little far away and usually night shifts! (I don't know about you, but I do not want to work night shifts here in Philadelphia!)
Anyway, I will stop boring you with this post and make a pie now!
8 comments:
Sad! That's got to be rough. Good luck on finding a job and getting settled!
Hang in there Ellen, moving to a new place and settling in is tough. Everyone has those same feelings you do. Don't worry you will find a job and you will get a calling in your ward that will keep you busy. Sorry about the phone and computer. I can skype you anytime if you want. :) I usually have the computer open for Skype calls. Good luck!!
I'm sorry! Sounds rough and a little deserted! Cooking is so fun when you have the time to do it. Happy cooking.
That is such a funny picture but I am sorry about all of the bad luck with your phone! It can be so frustrating looking for jobs ... I would know because it took me almost 3 months but I am sure you will have better luck!
...that would explain why I can't get ahold of you! hmm do you have skype? Seriously, or gchat. I miss talking to you!
Losing my pictures is my wirst nightmare! I'm so sorry!
Good luck kiddo-the job-less weeks are the hardest. When we moved here I felt like even though I had the car I shouldn't drive around too much because that would be a waste of gas. I promise it gets better.
Have you ever thought of teaching Kindermusik? A lot of places that offer it are looking for new teachers so you just have to pay to get certified and then you work for someone else. Just a thought.
I love the picture that goes with this entry! Hang in there and you will find something, and let your friends there know you are looking. I am sure Kevin is enjoying your love of cooking, especially pie!
Post a Comment