I finally got a video up together of visiting family and our move to Philadelphia!
Before we made the big drive, we went to Utah to visit with Kevin's family and go to a wedding reception for my sister in-law, Melarie's brother. It was a lot of fun and we enjoyed seeing our new niece, Julia, for the first time!
We then headed for Colorado where I got to spend time with my sister and her kids. They have just moved back to the states from Turkey and I haven't seen them for three years! This was Kevin's first meeting with my sister and her kids. My brother in-law, Shane, had to be away for his job in JAG. Emily and her family will be living in Washington D.C. and we can't wait to visit them sometime. My sister, Kelly also moved this summer to Colorado, so we had a big get together so that the kids could meet each other for the first time. It has been a long time since the Barrett girls got to reunite! It was very fun being with family and getting people together.
After our visit, we made the long drive to Philadelphia. We stayed with some of our friends in Iowa (Thanks again Natalie and Paul!) and then made a visit at Nauvoo and Carthage jail! It was an amzing trip and a good break from driving.
We then drove to Ohio where we stayed with our friends Laura and Adam (Thanks guys!!!)and then drove all the way to Philly!
We tried to get pictures of all the welcome signs at the state lines but that didn't do very well. Especially when we hit Pennsylvania. It was raining so hard that it was hard to get a decent picture! Anyway, here is our video of our adventures!

5 comments:
How long did you guys drive for?!? It usually takes us about three days. But we like to stop and visit family and such. I think it gets better after Wyoming and Nebraska.... but that is my opinion :)
Cute video! I'm so glad you guys stopped by. It was nice to finally meet Kevin too.
Hi Ellen! I am so happy that you have a blog! I love reading about all the awesome things you are doing! Isn't it crazy how much everyone from high school has changed? Anyways, I just found your blog so just in case you are curious my blog is: marcuschristashaw.blogstpo.com
wow, you guys have had a really busy past month! I love the pictures of the wedding, they're better than most of the pictures I got.
Great road trip!! And nothing beats all the sisters together!
Post a Comment