Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Caramel Apples!

Last night, a friend and I got together to make caramel apples! I had always wanted to do this but for some reason never did.

After making them, I now understand why my mother and I never made these growing up! they are such a PAIN to make! It took forever... It seriously took 4 hours to make! We didn't just smother them in caramel though...we smothered them in caramel, white chocolate, AND cinnamon sugar. They are really tasty, but I am going to have to run 5 miles today after eating one last night!

We tried to drizzle the chocolate, but it was pretty clumpy and kept hardening faster than we could drizzle! So we ended up with caramel, chocolate covered, heart attack! Do you think it's still safe to give to my neighbors, who I haven't met yet?

I can't say it was that horrible of an experience though because I got to hang out with an amazingly cute baby, and a great friend! It was fun to get out and do something other than job hunting, resume' tweeking, and cleaning.

As for the job at Kevin's school. We found out that they had filled the position with someone who had already been working for the school. (Fooey!) But, they have another job that opened up for organizing patient records!!! It doesn't give a lot of hours, but at this point, I'll take anything to get me out! Plus...I LOVE TO ORGANIZE!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Those look and sound yummy!! I have never made my own either. hmm...maybe I won't if they are a pain. I hope job hunting goes well. Good luck with that organizing job, hope you get it!!

Mimi Nowland said...

Sorry to hear about the job, but those apples sure look tasty!

Megan said...

How fun is that! Any leftover? just kidding!

Raquel said...

this reminds me of the apples at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, they are delish, but probably around 1500 calories each! mmmm. worth it though.

Bryn and Sierra Charsley said...

Ellen, your apples look delicious to the taste!!! We should add that recipe to college cookout!!