Yesterday, I tried to catch up on "Lost" episodes while Kevin studied all day (this was before we found out his test was postponed). It was pretty hard to keep myself occupied that whole time he was home. I was pretty bored! After we found out church was cancelled and his test postponed, we watched a movie together and ate brownies!
Today, we debated playing in the snow...but I just did laundry yesterday and didn't feel like having a big load this next week. So we just went out and dug our car out, and soaked in the sunlight! Kevin did make a mini snow man though!
Pretty cute, huh? Kevin I mean! ;)
Other than that, it's been the same old stuff...I did embroider a bird this week though. I got this craving to do something creative, so I looked up some clip art of birds, traced it on some white fabric I had, and started embroidering it. I want to find two more birds and frame them to decorate our room! We don't have anything up in our room and it's kind of boring!
So here it is...my masterpiece! Isn't it a cute little bird?
6 comments:
2 ft of snow and I only get to see a mini snowman? ...:)
What a surprise "holiday" for you both, a Sunday Miracle.
And I want to know if you hand stitched or used a machine, either way your bird looks great and I love the idea of 2 more framed! Can't wait.
Ellen you are so talented. I love the little bird, that would very cute having two or three framed! Glad you got to enjoy a peaceful day with Kevin home all day today and yesterday!
how is it that Jen and I think so much alike with commented down to the same minute
Ellen, you are an inspiring blogger!! I love your posts!! How nice to have a snow day. If its going to snow it should be a snow day or i don't think it should snow at all!! I'm glad you got one, you spent it well! Plus your bird looks great! I remember you doing that when we lived together! You are definitely gifted!
Ellen, you are an inspiring blogger!! I love your posts!! How nice to have a snow day. If its going to snow it should be a snow day or i don't think it should snow at all!! I'm glad you got one, you spent it well! Plus your bird looks great! I remember you doing that when we lived together! You are definitely gifted!
The bird is hand stitched! Sometimes I wish I had an embroidery machine, but I think it would take the fun out of it at the same time...and I hate the perfection of it!
Post a Comment