Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snowpocalypse!



That is what the D.C.er's are calling our record breaking snow storm! We got about 21more inches of snow, causing Kevin's school to shut down Wednesday and Thursday. The city put out a warning to everyone to stay off the roads. This winter we have gotten a total of 71.1 inches of snow beating the record of 65.5 inches!


Watching the news has been fun during the storm. One of the stories was how a drug dealer tried to hide from cops in an igloo. I also laughed when an anchor talked about how icy the roads were while poking the ground with his shovel...however, there was no ice at all on the ground, just slush.

What I didn't like about the snow storm was how all the T.V. stations decided to have 24/7 coverage on the storm. What am I supposed to watch when I am trapped up in my apartment all day?

Thursday, we decided to go out and play in it. It was a GORGEOUS day! There wasn't a cloud in the sky, it was warm, and it felt great to get some fresh air after being stuck in our apartment. Before we played in the snow, we shoveled our car out and helped another neighbor shovel his car out so he could get to work. Then we decided to make a snowman. I have never really made a real snowman. They have all been tiny because whenever I do try to make a snowman it either falls apart, or the snow isn't good enough. So Kevin helped me make my very first legit snowman.



And here is a Calvin and Hobbes comic that Kevin and I looked at after building our snowman. We love Calvin's snowmen, and this one cracked us up!

4 comments:

Angela Mencl said...

The news was very ridiculous! I mean it consumed every channel, ALL DAY! Only in Philly will you hear about a drug dealer hiding in an igloo. Hilarious!

Unknown said...

What a winter! * I am only slightly jealous of your snow...slightly* LOVE YOU GUYS!!

Denise said...

wow you sure have a top of snow! more then Wyoming and Nevada! But I am glad you got to spend a couple of days house bond and cozy! Love the first snowman too! love ya both!

Denise said...

I want you to know I really do know how to spell, I just don't have my reading glasses and can't see! hard to be old!