February 19th, I turned 23! I feel so old, even though I know I'm not. I guess I just figured things would work out a little differently. Anyway, my friend Angela organized a lunch with some of the other girls in our ward to go to Olive Garden that day and it was a blast! I felt loved, and am grateful for the friends I have made in the ward here.
The whole gang! Except for Angela...Sorry Angela! We should have gotten the waiter to take this one!
Some more friends!(Little Maddie and Megan, Baby Brickman, and Angela)

(added...Noelle, and Traci)
Kevin and I celebrated the day by going out to eat at McNally's (it's a really good sandwich place that happens to be in a bar...don't judge please) When we first walked in, the lady that was going to seat us asked for our ID's. I didn't bring my purse because I didn't think I would have a problem for some reason so I told her I didn't have it. She then told us we had to leave and I told her we weren't there to drink but to get something to eat. She made us leave anyway...I was a little upset...I wanted to yell at her and say, "I'm 23 and it's my birthday...let me eat what I want to eat!" But I didn't, and we went next door to "Tavern on the Hill" where they had live music and awesome fries! Kevin also bought me flowers for my birthday! It was a fun night, and I enjoyed spending the time I had with Kevin as always.
The Flowers Kevin bought me!
Sunday night, I got violently ill! I started getting really tired around 8 pm and all of a sudden had a vomit attack along with other things (sorry TMI). Anyway, I was horribly ill all night until about 3 am. It was probably the worst bug I have EVER had! Kevin was really sweet. He was by my side most of the night. Eventually, I made him go to bed because he had a big test the next morning. He was great at helping me get through a panic attack though and helping me keep warm. The next morning, I was so exhausted from being up all night. I felt like I had been hit by a truck. My body was so sore and stiff. Today, I feel like I have a little more energy but I still feel really sore and I have lost my voice! Weird bug, huh? Anyway...consider this a warning...I have heard about a lot of people having the same symptoms I had. Wash your hands! I would hate for anyone to have to go through what I went through Sunday night! I'm not exaggerating...it was the WORST! I have been drinking so much gatorade and water to make up for all the water I lost! That being said...I think I will go drink some more water and eat something. I didn't eat much yesterday.
4 comments:
That's funny that you got kicked out of McNally's because we go and eat there with the girls all the time. Maybe you look younger than they do.
Happy (late) Birthday! Your birthday lunch looks like it was a lot of fun!
I recognize one of the girls at your party! You should tell Angela I said hi. Also, happy late birthday. I called you and left a message....and then I got a text message saying it was no longer your number.
That was nice of the girls to get together for your birthday, Angela is a sweetie! I was really sorry to hear you were not feeling well, hopefully you are all better by now. Have a great weekend. Love ya!
Post a Comment