Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Soccer Husband

So....Over Christmas Break, Kevin and I celebrated the first "Wheat Family Winter Olympics". We had a 40 yd. Dash with snowshoes, a Tabogan event, and more. Kevin LOVES sports! When we were dating, we would kick a soccer ball around, or play catch with a softball, and sometimes golf. Every single time, he would tell me how I could perfect my form, or throw better. I thought it was pretty funny, but I also realized that Kevin is actually pretty well rounded when it comes to sports! He is pretty good in everything he does. I however, am NOT so good, but I am competitive anyway.

Anywho...before starting the 40 yd dash, Kevin pumped me up to beat Lauren, his sister. I was doing really well, until one of my shoes sank down DEEP in the snow and I couldn't get out. I tried to keep going, but it was pretty hard because all I heard was this...

I was laughing SOOOO hard, that I couldn't get up, or hardly move. As you can see, Lauren was able to beat me by casually walking up to the finish line!

Later, we did a Tabogan event. Again...Kevin was there to instruct me, and I failed him. My favorite part in this video is at the end when I look like a little sea turtle desperately trying to get to sea.


And there you have it...my cute "soccer husband"!

P.S. Kevin wasn't really mad at me or anything...he was just joking around...He's never been the type to get horribly upset during a game. He is a very good sport!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Again I am laughing so hard at this that my face hurts! We must do the Wheat Family Olympics in 2011!! We love you guys!

Joy Boggess said...

ellen!!! my computer wouldn't let me upload the videos but i am sure they are hilarious. that is the story of your life! :) you guys are so cute together and i'm glad you had fun!

Stacey said...

I laughed so hard watching those videos! Looks like those family Olympics are a lot of fun :)

nathalia said...

Love it! What a great family event! I love hearing you laugh!

Kevin Wheat said...

Hahaha...that's not me laughing! It's my mother-in-law.

em said...

SO FUNNY! I was cracking up so hard! Where were you guys?? Do you have a private ski slope or something?!

Bryn and Sierra Charsley said...

This is Hilarious!! Man, what wonderful videos you have!!! You guys are too funny and so cute, oh i miss you!!

Sarah said...

Haha. Those are awesome! Is that Denise hyperventilating in the first one? That was my favorite part. And Kevin screaming. :) Looks like fun.

Shilo and Betsy said...

I love it ... and I love you

Joci said...

Awww, Little Sea Turtle! Swim, SWIM! Those are hilarious, again. I love them.

Gibbles N Bit said...

that was pretty fun. I think every one was surprised that I actually made it.