I LOVE SPRING!!! It means summer is coming, which means SWIMMING!!!
We have been having gorgeous weather lately. Kevin had this last week off school because a lot of Jewish students are celebrating passover, which means he has been able to hang out with me a little more!
Friday, I had to go to his school and help out with some stuff, but afterwards, we decided to take a walk at a park by us that looked cool! It was SO fun! We hiked along a river, and enjoyed the smell of nature! I sure missed being able to go on hikes! We were amazed at how close this place was to us, and yet how peaceful it was from the city! It kind of felt like we back in Idaho. While we were hiking we were talking about how amazing Philadelphia really is. It seriously has everything you could possibly want...hiking, fishing, city, golfing, shopping, history, ocean (NJ), Broadway (because we're close to NYC),skiing/snowboarding,etc. For a second I considered staying here all my life. I guess we'll see what happens... We have really started to like it here...at least I have.
Kevin and I on our hike. I'm wearing my glasses because I had to have them at Kevin's school. And yes...they are crooked!
It was so pretty outside!
href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjn3J0Sg9SFNkPqQTyEME9lRTewhgLkEF_Y6ZaIDKb98cAtcX3e3KV9n1hoE0b3G5DRgAB3o9stvGSxcIg8Db4DebE5me4Dd_YThH_IlJayONq210tkVWkxcC4zVgxt85GVR7dmnoWKmqpv/s1600/IMG_2427.JPG">
Cool Bridge! This is what really made us want to visit this park.
We really enjoyed watching everyone walk around with HUGE smiles on their faces!
The other day, we were driving home from church and we were talking about how we only have a year and a half left until he does externships. It made me kind of sad. We have really loved being here and have made so many awesome friends. From the beginning, I had a feeling like the Lord wanted us in Philadelphia, and now I know why. This has been such an awesome experience so far. We both feel like we have learned A LOT and it has only been eight months. I plan on soaking up every moment I have left while I can...because it has gone by fast already!
On Saturday, we went on a picnic at another park that we later learned was more of a dog park. We discovered that during the summers they have little outdoor movie nights though. I think we will go sometime! I've always wanted to go!
Sunday, we were invited to have Easter dinner with some friends in the ward! There was SO much food! Ham, fruit salad, Greek salad, potatoes,chips and dip, veggie tray,green beans, cookies, fruit pizza, etc. We were so full by the end! We are excited for leftovers!!! After dinner, we watched the last session of conference together! It was a great day!
(more pictures coming soon!)
2 comments:
tell Kevin I said good job on being the first to call dad on his b-day.
how did you find out it was a dog park? did you step in poo? haha, just kidding! but WOW pennsylvania is BEAUTIFUL! i was in shock looking at all those pictures! and is that the bridge in the movie homeward bound? just wondering. i am so happy you guys like it there! i want to come and visit you SO bad!!!! and sorry i didnt see this post earlier! you were right, you had just posted! hehe. i guess i am just going nuts.
Post a Comment