Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Give me your tired, your poor! (New York 2)

I'll make this fast because I have a list of things I need to do and I'm not really in the mood to blog.

Saturday, we went to the Lower part of Manhattan and spent the day! We had a blast. Sometimes it is hard to believe we only spent a day there, because the day was just packed with fun things to see!


(Waiting for our ferry to see the Statue of Liberty...if you look REALLY close you might be able to see the Statue in the background! But maybe not with this blog...)

Kevin bought tickets for us to take the ferry and have audio tours of the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island! The tours were really good! Kevin LOVED the statue of Liberty! He said it was his favorite part about the trip. This was his first time seeing it!



There was a Navy memorial right by where we waited for our ferry.


Taking the Ferry!


Kevin's first glimpse of the Statue of Liberty on the Ferry!


I LOVE THIS PICTURE!!!!




On the Island, taking the tour



It was also a BEAUTIFUL day! We were afraid that it would be scorching hot, but it ended up being perfect weather once again!


Ellis Island!

Ellis Island was my favorite part! I had been there before, but I didn't know I had a couple of ancestors that went through Ellis Island until a couple years ago, so this time it was a little more meaningful! We watched a movie there as well, and it was probably the best part of Ellis Island! I highly recommend you watch it if you ever go.

Anyway...there are a TON more pictures...but I really need to do some laundry, clean my kitchen, vacuum, and clean my bedroom...so maybe...Friday? It's a busy week!

4 comments:

Joy Boggess said...

ELLEN! well, once again, it looks like you guys had a blast! AND you look adorable as always! how far is philly from nyc? i am so glad you guys are living up this time you have out east! love you and miss you like crazy!

Katie said...

I AM SO JEALOUS! That is one of the places that I've always wanted to go because of it's rich history and symbolism of American immigrants. It looks like you guys had so much fun!

Melarie Wheat said...

I've never been to NYC and the only thing that I would really love to see is the Statue of Liberty, it's so iconic Americana. Glad you had fun and the weather was good for you, we're dying down here. Love the pictures.

Shilo and Betsy said...

You always get to have so much fun ... lucky duck. Love you and miss you!