So...here is the rest of what we did in New York.
Right after we visit Ellis Island, we took the ferry back to New York. While we were on the ferry there was a Red Bull Air Show going on which made for a fun ride back.
We then headed to see Wall St. and Ground Zero
I have to admit...Ground Zero was a little disappointing. I'm not trying to sound disrespectful, but because there was so much construction going on for the memorial, I felt like it was hard to connect to what some of those people went through. There was a little museum but it cost $10 dollars to go in (which I thought was a little ridiculous since it was a NATIONAL disaster that effected us all in a huge way. I mean...we have a lot of national memorials here in Philly or in D.C. that don't cost anything because as Americans we are entitled to learn more about our country. But, New York is an expensive place...and hopefully that money is going to a good cause and supporting some of the real victims of that disaster!) I think what touches me the most about that day was being able to have seen the twin towers before they were hit and going on the roof despite being horribly afraid of heights. Watching people jump off the roof when it was happening on T.V. made me feel just a little more horrible knowing how high they actually were and how far the fall would have been for them.
Anyway, after seeing the memorial, we went to an African memorial where they discovered African slaves were buried when digging up the ground for the construction of a building in New York. This was a pretty cool memorial. I think I liked it a little more than some of the things we saw in New York because I had never even heard about it before and didn't know that this even happened in New York. It was pretty interesting.
We then headed to China town and little Italy. We ate dinner at little Italy and it was AMAZING! We loved the experience there. After dinner, we walked around some more there and tried a cannoli. That was probably my favorite thing we ate in New York!
I loved spending time with Kevin!
This was SOOOOO good!!!!
After little Italy we just walked around Greenwich Village area and enjoyed ourselves!

We saw some cool sand art!
It was a great day! New York City is about 2 hours from us, so the drive isn't bad at all! On the bus it gives us just the right amount of time to take a nap and then enjoy the rest of our day or head home. Being able to sleep on the way there and back was really nice for us...it's almost like we never left because we are never super tired the next day.
1 comment:
Fun, fun, fun!! I want to come visit you so bad ... I miss you
Post a Comment