Before we left for my beloved, Colorado, Kevin took me out to see "The Nutcracker" ballet. I had never gone to a ballet before and have always wanted to go! It was so nice to have an excuse to get all dressed up and go, and the ballet did not disappoint! Afterwards, I wanted to go see another one! We had great seats too! We didn't even need our binoculars!
The Academy of Music
Gorgeous Theater!
It really was amazing! The whole time, I kept thinking..."someday, when we have kids...I want them to come see "The Nutcracker". It was fantastic!
The next day, we left to see my family in Colorado! I enjoyed every minute of it! I got to go shopping (never happens), hang out with my little brother, visit with my older sister, eat lots of awesome food, hug my dad, play games, enjoy 60-70 degree weather, and chat with my mom! It was heaven! Oh, and we watched the movie, "Tangled". It was SO cute! Watch it!
Just a few pictures from Christmas day...
I look forward to Christmas dinner...however...I missed out on my grandpa's AWESOME spicy pickles! :(
Played Scrabble with Mom and Grandma! I WON! :)
The Boys watched the Nugget game, of course!
The 27th, we left for Park City to visit with Kevin's family at the Cabin. We snowmobiled in and then got snowed in the cabin.It was pretty crazy. We started rationing milk for the babies, and IBC's for the guys. We also ate a lot of great food, snow mobiled, went snow shoeing, watched the Bourne Trilogy, played games, and participated in one Wheat Family Olympic event which was CRAZY hard! Kevin and I did manage to get second place though! :) We sled down a big hill, and then had to run up it...and it is not easy to breathe in such thin air! I thought I was going to pass out! But it was fun.
The Girls getting ready to get our gear on and start sledding!
Snow Shoeing up a huge mountain...It was pretty steep. Kevin and I kept slipping! hahaha
The Top!
This is how deep the snow was. That road sign is just barely above the snow! :)
All in all, a great, fulfilling trip. We had a ton of fun, but its great to be back home in our own bed, and enjoying the last couple of days we have together before Kevin starts full days of clinicals!
2 comments:
Ellen, I'm glad you had such a great time at Christmas! I love hearing about what you and Kevin are up to these days!
Holy Cow!! What a fun Christmas!! Im so glad you got to see the Nutcracker, i already knew you would love that!! Too bad vacations go to fast!
Post a Comment